Update 10/15/21: We’ve been provided with a full list of participating properties for this promotion – a link to a spreadsheet containing the list is below.
World of Hyatt has launched a new promotion that’s offering 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles per stay. Unlike similar past promotions though, this is only valid at select Hyatt properties around the country.
- Earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles per stay at participating Hyatt properties in urban destinations including Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York City, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
- Direct link to registration.
- List of participating properties.
- You must be a World of Hyatt member, an AAdvantage member, and register for the offer between October 14, 2021 and December 15, 2021 to participate. To join World of Hyatt, visit worldofhyatt.com.
- Offer valid for eligible stays between November 1, 2021 and January 31, 2022 (“Offer Period”) at participating Hyatt properties.
- Offer not valid at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties.
- All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance.
- Guest must enter a valid AAdvantage membership number at time of registration and pay an Eligible Rate.
- Members will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per eligible stay during the Offer Period.
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this offer, regardless of the number of rooms paid under the same account number.
- Member must choose either World of Hyatt Base Points or AAdvantage miles as their base earning. If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per stay in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned. If member chooses to earn AAdvantage miles at check-in, they will receive the ongoing benefit of 500 AAdvantage base miles in addition to the 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per stay as part of the offer during the Offer Period.
- Your account will be credited 3-4 weeks after travel with AAdvantage miles, which are subject to the terms and conditions of American Airlines.
- Offer blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply.
- There is no limit to the amount of AAdvantage bonus miles members can earn during the promotion.
This promotion offers a nice bonus if you’d be booking stays at participating properties during the promo period anyway, especially if you’re only booking one night stays at a time seeing as the 1,000 bonus miles are awarded per stay rather than per night.
1,000 AAdvantage miles wouldn’t be enough to sway me towards specifically booking a participating hotel though, especially seeing as it’s not valid on all Hyatt properties. There are close to 200 participating properties in big cities around the US, although it doesn’t include SLH locations.
The terms of the offer state that you’ll earn the bonus miles when booking an eligible rate. I reached out to our Hyatt rep and they confirmed that award stays are classed as being an eligible rate and so will earn the 1,000 bonus miles per stay.
Hyatt isn’t currently running any other promotion, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they launch a new one in the coming weeks that’ll stack with this offer. Some of the eligible properties (such as the Thompson Hollywood) can earn you 500 bonus World of Hyatt points per night on top of the AAdvantage miles thanks to this ongoing promotion that offers 500 points per night at new Hyatt properties worldwide.
If you have elite status with American Airlines (Gold or higher), you’ll also earn one bonus mile per dollar spent on Hyatt stays provided you’ve linked your World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts.