|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
It’s apparently hotel promotions day. Not only have Hilton and Sonesta launched new promotions, but Wyndham Rewards has now too. Even better, this Wyndham promo can stack nicely with their recently extended promotion for the next month.
- Earn 3,000 bonus points when booking a Wyndham Rewards stay where you check in from Sunday to Wednesday.
- Direct link to registration.
- To qualify for the Mid-Week Business Traveler Wyndham Rewards bonus points offer (“Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer”), a Wyndham Rewards Member residing in the U.S. and Canada must:
- receive an email invitation from Wyndham Rewards specific to the Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer and/or receive the Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer in the “My Promotions” section of their Wyndham Rewards Member account (each, a “Business Traveler Offer Invitation”); then
- between August 25, 2021 and November 3, 2021, register for the Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer (a) via the click through process set forth in the Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer Invitation, (b) via the “My Promotions” section of their Wyndham Rewards Member account or (c) by calling Member Services at the applicable number found here; then
- after registering but no later than November 3, 2021, book a Qualified Stay at a Participating Hotel with a check-in day of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (a) on www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards, wyndhamhotels.com, any of the official brand websites of the participating Hotel Chains, the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts app, via the official toll free reservation number of Wyndham Rewards or any of the participating Hotel Chains; (b) onsite at a Participating Hotel, directly with such hotel; or (c) via a non-online travel agent (i.e., a traditional travel agent or travel management company that books through a global distribution system); and begin and complete such Qualified Stay between September 7, 2021 and November 5, 2021 (an “Offer Qualifying Stay”). An Offer Qualifying Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same property, regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
- A Member who completes an Offer Qualifying Stay pursuant to these Promotion Terms will receive three thousand (3,000) Wyndham Rewards bonus points for such Offer Qualifying Stay (the “Bonus”).
- A Member will not receive the Bonus for a no-show.
- Qualified Stays are subject to certain restrictions and do not include third party online bookings (other than online bookings via travel management companies that secure reservations via a global distribution system); see the Program Terms for more information about Qualified Stays.
- The Bonus(es) will usually be posted to an eligible Member’s Member account within two (2) to four (4) weeks following the completion of such Member’s Offer Qualifying Stay(s).
- For clarity, any stay booked or completed prior to registration for this Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer, or that has a check-in date prior to September 7, 2021 and/or a checkout date after November 5, 2021, will not be counted towards the Mid-Week Business Traveler Offer.
- Members who have elected to earn airline miles in their Member profile will earn base miles points in accordance with Program Terms and the Bonus(es) in Wyndham Rewards points.
This new Wyndham Rewards promotion might be targeted because the terms state that you have to have received an email about the promotion or it has to be in the ‘My Promotions’ section of your account. However, there’s a generic landing page for the offer, so hopefully anyone can register for it and earn the bonus points. Update: Based on Oliver’s comment below, it looks like this is targeted. I have a Wyndham Business Earner card, so I’m curious if that’s why they targeted me for this offer aimed at business stays.
It’s targeted at business travelers, but it’ll be valid on personal stays provided your check-in day is a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. The terms don’t state a limit on how many times you can earn the bonus points, but it appears to be more than once seeing as the terms refer to ‘The Bonus(es)’.
Even better, this promotion will stack with their current promotion which offers 6,500 bonus points for every two nights that you stay through September 30 (although note that this new promotion doesn’t start until September 7). If you booked two separate one night stays, you’d earn a total of 12,500 bonus points (6,500 from that other promotion and two sets of 3,000 points from this new promotion). That’s on top of the base points you’d earn on those stays; you earn a minimum of 1,000 points per stay, so you’d end up with at least 14,500 points in this scenario. That’s almost enough for two nights at their 7,500 points level or one night at their 15,000 points level which includes Vacasa properties. If you’re a Wyndham cardholder, the math gets even better as you get a 10% instant discount on award stays, reducing those 7,500 and 15,000 redemptions to 6,750 points and 13,500 points respectively.
Depending on the cost of the two one night stays, being able to stack these promotions could be mattress run-worthy. IHG and Choice impose a minimum value on the room rate in order to qualify for their promotions, but Wyndham doesn’t have any such restriction listed. Considering how cheap (but not-so-cheerful) some of their properties are, you could conceivably pay a total of ~$75 to earn 14,500 points that can be redeemed for far greater value.