|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Fairmont Hotels will once again offer a 20% bonus on gift card purchases. They run this deal a couple of times a year and can be a good deal if you’re planning any paid Fairmont stays.
- Fairmont will be offering a 20% bonus on gift cards on May 5, 2021 from 2pm-5pm Eastern
- Direct deal to buy (Sale is not live until 5/5/21)
- Direct link to promotion terms
- The Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Willow Stream Spa electronic gift card promotion will take place on Wednesday May 5, 2020 between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time (“EDT”).
- To be eligible to receive a bonus e-gift card purchasers must first purchase one or more Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (“FHR”) or Willow Stream Spa (“WSS”) e-gift cards online.
- Each brand-specific e-gift card purchase must be completed separately, up to a maximum purchase value of $5,000 CAD, USD or EUR (per credit card, per brand-specific shopping cart.
- Upon approved qualifying purchase the purchaser will receive a separate bonus e-gift card worth 20% of the value and currency of the brand-specific e-gift card(s) purchased up to the maximum purchase value per customer credit card, per shopping cart.
- Maximum eligible bonus per brand-specific purchase, per customer credit card is $1,000 CAD, USD or EUR.
Fairmont has some very loyal fans and for those who like to stay at Fairmont, these gift cards can be a good deal. Note that Fairmont properties in Canada have run a number of deals over the past year. I believe most of those deals have applied in prepaid rates and you can’t use a gift card on a prepaid rate. However, I heard at least one data point from someone who was able to get the prepaid rate refunded by the hotel and charged to a gift card, so that may be possible (though it’s hard to count on it).
Still, if you’re be visiting a Fairmont, you’ll essentially save 16.67% (since this is a 20% bonus rather than 20% discount). That’s pretty good for Fairmont. Note that you each gift card can have a value between $25-$2,000 and you can buy up to $5,000 at once for a $1,000 bonus. Also worth noting is that you can buy the gift cards in US dollars, Canadian dollars, or Euros. Each can be used anywhere, but currency conversion rates will vary. If you were sure you’d use your gift cards in Canada, it might make sense to buy them in Canadian dollars as an example.
Note that this deal is only valid for 3 hours on May 5th, so you’ll want to set a phone reminder. We’ll also re-post to remind everyone the day before this one goes live and post on our Twitter feed the day of the deal.
H/T: One Mile at a Time