|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
TAP Air Portugal is offering a bonus of 5,000 miles when you make your first transfer of at least 5,000 miles from Capital One.
- TAP Air Portugal is offering a bonus of 5,000 miles for your 1st transfer from Capital One with a minimum transfer of 5,000 miles from Capital One (i.e. transfer 5K miles from Capital One, get 10K total TAP Air Portugal miles)
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer of 5.000 Bonus Miles on your 1st transfer, with a minimum of 5.000 Miles transferred.
- Only one 5.000 Miles Bonus per TAP Miles&Go account allowed.
- Offer valid for transfers made from April 20th to May 31st 2021.
- Bonus Miles will be credited in your TAP Miles&Go account within 7 working days of your first miles transfer.
TAP Air Portugal has an award chart that is generally overpriced, but TPG points out that you can fly to South America in business class on Star Alliance (i.e. United or Copa) for 50K miles each way. While not necessarily the best deal in business class to South America (see our Best ways to get to South America using miles), it might not be bad particularly for flights to southern South America. It would probably be worth checking Capital One partner Avianca LifeMiles for Star Alliance pricing as well since they may be cheaper or perhaps looking for American Airlines availability via Etihad for better for fewer miles to northern South America (for AA availability, you can check the Alaska website). Still, in the right situation, this could be a good deal.
Another potential sweet spot for those piecing together a bigger trip (and an appetite for the gymnastics that may be involved in trying to book an award through TAP) is from Asia to the Middle East or Southern Africa in business class, which you’ll see below is just 50,000 miles one-way. Given that they partner with Emirates, that could be a good deal for something like Tokyo-Dubai-South Africa on Emirates in a future world.
Personally, I’ll sit this one out since I don’t have any particular need for TAP miles right now and their sweet spots are thin, but if you already have TAP miles it might make sense to top up here.