|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
A couple of years ago Marriott launched a partnership with Uber which offers bonus points when taking rides or placing orders. At various points they’ve offered additional bonus points for linking your accounts and taking an Uber ride or placing an Uber Eats order and they’re doing that once again with an offer giving 1,000 bonus Bonvoy points.
- Earn 1,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points when linking your Bonvoy account with your Uber account & taking an Uber ride or placing an Uber Eats order.
- Direct link to offer.
- This bonus is a one-time offer that is open to all members of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program (each a “Marriott Bonvoy Member”) who have not yet linked a Marriott Bonvoy Account and an Uber account.
- To qualify for and earn this limited-time offer, a Marriott Bonvoy Member must: (i) link their Marriott Bonvoy Account on the Uber app; (ii) after linking their Marriott Bonvoy Account, complete their first Qualifying Transaction by 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2023.
- A “Qualifying Transaction” means: (i) a ride taken with Uber XL, Uber Black, Uber SUV, or Uber Comfort; or (ii) an order placed through Uber Eats in an amount of US $40 or more after the calculation of any applicable promotions or discounts (excluding taxes, fees, and tips), in each case, that occurs in the United States.
- Please allow four to six weeks from completion of the Qualifying Transaction for Marriott Bonvoy bonus Points to appear in a Marriott Bonvoy Member’s Marriott Bonvoy Account.
If you’ve not previously linked your Marriott and Uber accounts and use Uber and/or Uber Eats, this is a fairly easy way to earn 1,000 bonus points.
I say “fairly” because there are a couple of key things to be aware of. If you want to earn the bonus points by taking an Uber ride, it has to be with Uber XL, Uber Black, Uber SUV, or Uber Comfort – Uber X, Uber Pet, etc. appear to be excluded. Based on a quick glance at rates to a random place near me, Uber XL would be twice the price of Uber X, although I imagine that varies depending on location, time of day, destination, etc.
If triggering the offer via Uber Eats, note that you have to spend $40 or more before taxes, fees and tips. I’m also not sure if pickup orders will work; the email from Marriott says (my bolding) “Earn 1,000 bonus points on your first qualifying food or grocery order for delivery“. Pickup might work, but I wouldn’t count on it.
If you have an Amex Platinum card, remember that your monthly Uber credit for December will be an increased amount of $35 rather than $15, so that’ll get you much closer to the $40 needed for the Uber Eats order.