IHG has opened registration for a new promo which is extremely rewarding if you have any interest in staying at their new (to them) Iberostar all-inclusive brand. They’re giving 40,000 bonus points for every 4 nights you stay which is on top of your standard earnings and will stack with any other promotions you’ve been targeted for.
- Earn 40,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points for every 4 nights you stay at Iberostar Beachfront properties.
- Direct link to registration.
- To participate in the “Iberostar Beachfront Resorts up to 80K points offer” Promotion (the “Promotion”), an individual must have an active, valid IHG One Rewards member account and must register for the Promotion. Members can pre-register for this Promotion starting February 1, 2024 through February 19, 2024 (the “Pre-Registration Period”).
- Members will be able to stay at participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts and earn IHG One Rewards bonus points under this Promotion beginning February 20, 2024 and ending on May 20, 2024 (the “Promotion Period”). Members who did not register during the Pre-Registration Period may register for the Promotion during the Promotion Period. A member can only register once. By registering for the Promotion, a member is accepting these Terms & Conditions.
- After registering for the Promotion, a member can earn 40K points after staying 4 qualifying room nights at participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts, and they can earn up to two times during the Promotion Period.
- To be a qualifying room night under the Promotion, the room night must fall within the Promotion Period and must be part of a Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay.
- As stated, the “Promotion Period” is from February 20, 2024 through May 20, 2024. Room nights outside of the Promotion Period are not included, and room nights that are part of a stay that was completed prior to registration for the Promotion also are not included.
- For purposes of this Promotion, a “Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay” is defined as a minimum one (1) night stay at a participating Iberostar Beachfront Resort booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 (or local currency equivalent) for each night.
- Stays booked using Rewards Nights or Points & Cash are not Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stays for purposes of this Promotion.
- Bookings made through on-line travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com also do not qualify under this Promotion. (For additional details on Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions.)
- If more than one member who registered for the Promotion checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to earn points under the Promotion for those nights that qualify.
- If a member books more than one room on the same night, the member will receive credit towards this Promotion for only one of the rooms that also meets the requirements of a qualifying room night under the Promotion.
- For the Iberostar Beachfront Resorts up to 80k points offer, earning “up to 80k bonus points” on stays through May 20, 2024 means the member could earn the total of their “base points” they would normally receive just for being an IHG One Rewards member plus an additional 40K points every 4 nights – which they can earn up to two (2) times. For example, under the Iberostar Beachfront Resorts up to 80k points promotion, for a four-night Qualifying Stay with a room rate of $100.00 at an IHG hotel with a 10 points per USD earn rate for base points, the member would earn 4,000 base points (10 points x $400 = 4,000 points) and an additional 40,000 promotional bonus points, for a total of 44,000 points. Any Elite status bonus points or any other bonus or promotional points the member may be eligible to receive for the same stay are not included in this calculation.
In case you’re not familiar with Iberostar, it’s an established all-inclusive brand that IHG bought recently.
40,000 bonus points for staying four nights at Iberostar properties is an excellent return as that’s an average of 10,000 points per night. At the time of publishing this post, IHG is selling their points for 0.5cpp, so this is like earning $50 worth of points per night when looked at from that perspective. That’s a great return, especially considering it’s on top of all the other points and cashback you can earn when booking a stay.
I did a deep dive into the value of booking Iberostar stays with points last month and discovered that the better value is to book paid stays in the vast majority of cases. This latest promo reinforces that even further.
To give an idea of what you could earn, let’s say you find a rate for $200 per night and book a four night stay. Let’s also say you were targeted for the ‘Stay 4 nights, earn 8,000 points‘ promo and have an IHG Premier or Business credit card. Here’s what you could earn:
- 8,000 points ($200 * 4 nights base points)
- 4,800 bonus points (from having Platinum status via the IHG Premier credit card)
- 8,000 bonus points (from the ‘Stay 4 nights, earn 8,000 bonus points promo)
- 40,000 bonus points (from this new Iberostar-specific promo)
- 8,000 bonus points (paying for the stay on an IHG Premier or Business credit card)
- Total = 68,800 IHG One Rewards points
If valued at 0.5cpp, 68,000 points is worth $344 – an excellent return on $800 of spend.
It gets even better though. It’s often possible to earn ~10% cashback on IHG bookings by clicking through from a shopping portal. That’d be an extra $80 cashback. Seeing as this isn’t valid on stays until February 20, it’d be worth doing a dummy booking on IHG’s website while having the Capital One Shopping browser extension installed. Whenever I do this, Capital One Shopping unfailingly emails me a couple of days later offering an increased cashback rate – often 15% or more.
Note that the terms state that registration opens on February 1 and today is January 31. If you want to play it safe you could register from tomorrow onwards, but I registered today and received confirmation that I’m enrolled in the offer.