|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 2/9/22: In recent days people have seen targeted ads on Facebook for some of these spending offers. Those had a specific link relating to the cobranded card, so I’ve been able to identify many other direct links as a result and added those below in the ‘The Deal’ section. There’s more than one offer for some cobranded cards based on the type of card(s).
It’s worth trying to register again even if you weren’t able to successfully register using the generic chase.com/mybonus link previously because some people have reported the ability to register by using a direct link.
Chase is back with another round of spending offers, giving 5x points/miles in some very useful categories for some cardholders along with other types of offers.
- Chase is offering different deals for targeted cardholders. Spending offers include:
- Earn 5x miles/points on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in the following categories on targeted Chase cards:
- Grocery Stores
- Spend $6,000 & earn 6,000 bonus miles/points.
- Spend $3,000 & earn 5,000 bonus miles/points.
- spend $5,000 & earn 15,000 bonus miles/points.
- Earn 5x miles/points on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in the following categories on targeted Chase cards:
- Generic link to registration.
- Direct link to IHG registration – 1.
- Direct link to IHG registration – 2.
- Direct link to United registration – 1
- Direct link to United registration – 2.
- Direct link to Hyatt registration.
- Direct link to Southwest registration.
- Direct link to Marriott registration – 1.
- Direct link to Marriott registration – 2.
- Direct link to Ritz-Carlton registration.
- Direct link to Disney registration – 1.
- Direct link to Disney registration – 2.
- Direct link to Avios registration (BA, Iberia & Aer Lingus).
- Direct link to Amazon registration – 1.
- Direct link to Amazon registration – 2.
Terms below are for IHG cardholders; terms should be similar on other cards.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must activate by 03/31/22 11:59 p.m. E.T.
- You will earn 5 points total for each $1 spent in the Amazon.com, grocery store, and restaurant categories on up to $1,500 in total combined purchases from 01/15/2022 to 03/31/2022.
- Total points shown are the maximum you will earn on those purchases during the promotion, regardless of what you already earn on those purchases in your rewards program.
- For more information about Chase rewards categories, see chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs.
- The Amazon.com category includes purchases made at Amazon.com (including digital downloads, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Prime subscriptions, and items sold by third-party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace) and Whole Foods Market (including physical Whole Foods Market and Whole Foods Market 365 stores, and the website accessible at www.wholefoodsmarket.com(Opens Overlay)).
- The Amazon.com category does not include (i) purchases from merchants using Amazon Pay, (ii) purchases made at international Amazon retail sites (including but not limited to Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp), or any other website operated by Amazon, (iii) purchases made at international Whole Foods Market sites, (iv) purchases of Whole Foods Market or Whole Foods Market 365 products or services through third-party sites such as Eventbrite, Instacart, Google Express and Shipt, (v) online purchases of Whole Foods Market or Whole Foods Market 365 gift cards (including through buyatab.com), event tickets or classes, (vi) purchases from certain third-party vendors operating at Whole Foods Market sites, (vii) purchases of massage services at any Whole Foods Market site, or (viii) purchases from Spa@Ink, in each case in Amazon’s sole discretion.
- Qualifying Whole Foods Market and Amazon Fresh purchases will only earn the bonus in the Amazon.com(Opens Overlay) category and not in the grocery store category.
- Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer.
- Delays by the merchant could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying purchases post to your account for points to post to your account. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, and fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- This bonus offer is non-transferable.
- Eligible credit cards: IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card or IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card.
These offers appear to be highly targeted. Doctor of Credit reports these offers are being found on Hyatt, Southwest and Disney cards, as well as Freedom cards. The fact that some are seeing it on Freedom cards is surprising as I think past spending offers such as these were only available on cobranded cards rather than Ultimate Rewards-earning cards.
My wife and I don’t have Southwest or Disney cards and we weren’t targeted on our Hyatt, Freedom, Freedom Flex or Freedom Unlimited cards. The offer did appear on my no-fee United card though, while my wife had it on her IHG Premier card. I didn’t bother to check my IHG cards or her IHG Select card seeing as we wouldn’t put any of this bonused spend on those cards because we have many other cards with more lucrative earning opportunities in all these categories than 5x IHG Rewards points.
It could be much more interesting on other Chase cards though. For example, earning 5x World of Hyatt points is a great return in these categories, especially if you’re spending towards two elite nights for every $5,000 of spend and/or $15,000 spend for a category 1-4 free night certificate.
There are a couple of important things to note regarding how these spending offers are set up. For example, the $1,500 of spend offer is the total amount of bonused spend during the promotion period – it’s not on a per-month basis. I think a similar bonused spend opportunity in 2020 or 2021 was valid on $1,500 spend per month which is why it’s important to be aware of that difference.
The second thing to note is that even though you can register for these spending offers now, they doesn’t begin until January 15.
With past spending offers like this, it was possible for some people to register their cards several weeks later even though they weren’t initially targeted. It’s therefore worth trying to register your cards periodically in case that happens again. I’ve set a reminder to try registering our cards weekly, so I’ll update this post in the future if I have any luck.
Question for Marriott bonus: On my Ritz-Carlton, bonus did not post at statement close. Is this happening again? https://frequentmiler.com/yes-the-ritz-card-is-earning-the-grocery-bonus-but-its-confusing/
Received 5x/$1500 limit offer on Hyatt, nothing on Marriott and Southwest. Not going to bother check with the Amazon or IHG… So random!!
Well there you go again Stephen! Just saved me money once more.
I got the same offer on IHG/Marriott/Hyatt for 5% Amazon/Grocery/Restaurants
P2 Flex has 5% statement credit on $50 or more grocery purchases up to $10 total. Easy as grocery is all it is used for with 9x this quarter (still using sign up extra +4).
Not entirely relevant to this post, but kind of sort of also about Chase bonuses on their cards for spending categories. Flex had a promo I forgot about for 4x extra on your biggest spending category up to $1500 for Q4 2021. Looks like it just posted on my February statement! Nice little bonus I had forgotten.
Stephen and all,
Can anyone confirm whether *bonus* points earned on IHG cards are elite qualifying points (EQPs)?
I’m guessing so based on past experience, but I don’t see it confirmed anywhere.
I don’t think they will be elite qualifying points unfortunately.
If you don’t mind my asking, what data are you basing that on?
I can confirm that they have always counted base and “normal” (i.e. non promotional) bonus points in the past as EQPs.
They had in the past, but I read elsewhere recently that card spend won’t count as EQPs.
Between P1, P2, P3:
IHG Select – 5x on Amazon, Groceries, Restaurant
United Quest – 5x on Amazon, Groceries, Restaurant
IHG Premier – 5000 points on $3000 spend
14 different UR-earning cards (Freedom, Sapphire, Ink) – nothing
my wife and I each have original Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Freedom Flex and I have CSP. 0/7.
Thanks. Got it on my Hyatt card.
Thanks. It worked for my IHG Premier card.
Only seem to have been targeted for 3% grocery/dining on my Amazon card so far- will try again next week when the promotion begins.
Nothing on our Chase Freedom card or United Explorer card
I got the 5x on my United Gateway card and a spend $3000 get 5000 bonus points on my Hyatt card. I’m not likely to use either. The United is capped at $1500 in spend.
I got none of these. But let’s get serious 5x IC points isn’t even worth 1 Chase UR or Amex point in my book. IC points are horrifically devalued.
I didnt get grocery or Amazon 5%. When I clicked the link I got home improvement 5%. YMMV I guess lol
I put my Chase Unlimited in and received this offer. Definitely not as lucrative as the ones listed above, but I’ll take it. “You’ll earn $50 cash back when you make 15 purchases each month from Jan – March 2022 with your Freedom Unlimited Card (min $2 to qualify).”
Didn’t get the email, but tried different cards and it gave me 3x on the Amazon Prime card.
I got emails about the 5x for Amazon/grocery/restaurant for my UA and Southwest cards. Tried the rest of my cards at the link and got the same offer on my Hyatt and IHG.
5x on up to $1500 on my Hyatt for grocery, Amazon, and restaurant spend. I’ll take it!
2 x IHG, 1 x Hyatt. Thanks for the heads up! This is why I am happy to pay your annual fee 🙂
DP – no offer on my United quest card
I got the opposite — 5x on amazon grocery restos on my Quest
Hmm.. I did a lot of spending on my quest in Q4, probably 20-30k. Methinks that could be a reason I didn’t get an offer? Aren’t these offers meant to spur spending on the card?
fwiw I put less than $100 per month on Quest in Q4
Activated 2 different offers than above:
Personal WOH card:
Earn 5,000 World of Hyatt Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 or more on purchases with your World of Hyatt Credit Card from January 15 – March 31, 2022.
BA Card: Earn 15,000 bonus Avios when you make $5,000 or more in purchases with your Aer Lingus, British Airways, or Iberia Visa Signature® Credit Card from January 15 – March 31, 2022.
Would be doing WOH anyway to make my $15k for a FNA but also so pleased BA is bringing back another good spending offer, they have been so consistent with these since 2020.
We got it on P2’s Hyatt card. No dice on any of mine.
Thanks for sharing. Got it on Southwest, Hyatt, Ritz, and IHG. Not on boundless or business cards
Got it this morning on my Chase British Airways card.
$6000/6000 points on United and the $1500 offer you describe on Ritz Carlton
Found it on one of my hyatt cards.
I did not receive an e-mail, but found the offer on my Hyatt and IHG cards. As noted in the article, Hyatt is a pretty great return (maybe 8% considering estimated valuation) while IHG is closer to about 3%.
The offer on P2’s World of Hyatt card was 5,000 Hyatt points for $3,000 in spend during the promotion period.
Only got it on IHG. Nothing for SW or Freedom.
Thank you for posting. My southwest card worked and it is a 6,000 point bonus if I spend up to $6,000 on ANY purchases!!