|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Amex Offer offering 15% back on purchases at US supermarkets. With a limit of $10 back it’s limited in its usefulness, but it could be made better if you can load it to a card earning at a higher rate at grocery stores.
- Get 15% back on purchases at US-based supermarkets.
- Expires December 31, 2018.
- Limit $10 in total statement credits.
- Offer valid for in-store and online purchases at US Supermarkets.
- “Supermarket” means a standalone merchant in the US primarily selling supermarket products.
- Excludes gasoline purchases.
- Specialty food stores, Superstores or Warehouse Clubs are not considered Supermarket stores.
The limit of $10 back restricts the usefulness of this offer as it means you’ll max out the offer after spending only $66.67 at grocery stores.
If possible, add the offer to a card that earns at a higher rate at grocery stores. My wife had this offer on her Hilton Ascend card, so we’ll be earning 6x Hilton Honors points with this offer. Greg was luckier as his Gold card was targeted and so will be earning 4x Membership Rewards on the purchases.
My wife has it on her free Hilton card that was also targeted for the 10k points for $200 spend.
I’m not seeing this offer in my Amex Gold account. Is it targeted?
Yes, it’s a targeted offer. If it’s not showing on your Gold account then you’re not targeted on that card, but check the Amex Offers if you have any other cards though in case one of those was targeted.