There’s a new targeted Amex Offer out today good for 10-20% back at supermarket chain Shoprite up to either $15 or $20 back. I was very disappointed not to see this on our new Platinum card given the incredible supermarket bonus that comes on that card right now, but this could stack nicely with a current gift card promotion for a good savings nonetheless.
- A new targeted Amex Offer is out for supermarket chain Shoprite. Reports indicate that cardholders have been targeted for one of the following:
- 10% back (up to $15 back)
- 20% back (up to $20 back)
- Expires 12/31/20
- Valid in-store or online (but oddly not at shopritedelivers.com)
- Excludes ShopRite Gas/Fuel/Convenience stores and liquor/wine stores
While shopritedelivers.com is not eligible, it looks like online order for store pickup likely does qualify. This deal will therefore only work for those located within a Shoprite store area.
Still, getting $15 or $20 back on groceries is a deal. And you may stack the deal a bit further: from November 27-30, ShopRite will offer a future $20 off coupon with $100 or more in third party gift cards. As I have the 20% back Amex Offer, I could theoretically buy $100 in third party gift cards for a net $80 after Amex Offer and then get a coupon good for $20 off of a shopping visit from December 1-5th. While Amex is known to not appreciate gift card purchases in volume, my experience has been that small amounts like this usually aren’t a problem. YMMV.
H/T: Doctor of Credit