|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 8/29/20: Comments over at Doctor of Credit suggest that this promo code is working a second time for some people, although that might be YMMV considering the problems some people had using it when the promotion started.
DoorDash is offering $15 off $15 on a “convenience” order for those with DashPass via coupon code ESSENTIALS20 in the latest installment of the Summer of DashPass promotion. This one says it is valid for pick up only, but we’ve had reports from some readers only able to use it for delivery. YMMV.
Oddly, I saw a different promotion advertised when I clicked through to the promotion page this morning, but members of our Frequent Miler Insiders group have successfully used ESSENTIALS20 to save $15, so I can confirm it is working.
- From 8/24 – 8/30 or while supplies last, Door Dash is offering a “$15 off convenience store orders of $15+” with promo code ESSENTIALS20 via its Summer of DashPass promo for DashPass members.
- Direct link to full Summer of DashPass schedule and terms & conditions
- Offer valid for one (1) order while supplies last.
- Offer valid 08/24/20 through 08/30/20 at 11:59pm PT at participating DashPass eligible convenience merchants.
- Excluding taxes and fees. Maximum discount $15 only valid on Pickup orders.
- Limit one per person. Fees, taxes, and gratuity apply.
- All deliveries subject to availability.
- Must have or create a valid DoorDash account with a valid form of accepted payment on file and be an active DashPass subscriber.
- Select promo code ESSENTIALS20 to redeem.
- See full terms and conditions at help.doordash.com/consumers/s/article/offer-terms-conditions.
Last week’s promotion that was good for $20 off of $20+ got pulled only a day or two into validity, so don’t count on this one lasting all week. Still, this one is less widely-applicable given that it needs to be used at convenience locations. That presumably means orders from convenience stores like 7-11 or Wawa or perhaps pharmacies like Walgreens. There are no eligible locations around me, but some members of our Facebook group have been able to use it.
DashPass is required for these Summer of DashPass promos, though many readers likely have DashPass courtesy of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card or Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Keep in mind that even Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and Slate cardholders can activate a free 3-month subscription (though note that it will be set to auto-renew for the next 9 months at 50% off if you do not cancel). See this post for more detail.
As noted at the top, I (oddly) saw another promotion when I clice\ked through to the Summer of DashPass landing page first thing this morning. The promotion I saw was for Swiss Chalet — a Canadian chain that (according to Wikipedia) closed its last couple of US locations about 10 years ago.
However, when I click through now I see the convenience offer. I guess maybe my IP address had me mis-located for a bit? (Though I did consider this and checked to be sure that the URL clearly indicated the country as US).
At any rate, if you have locations near you, this is fifteen bucks in free stuff — but it looks like you need to pick it up.
H/T: Doctor of Credit