|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Capital One is offering a 25% transfer bonus to TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go through 7/31/22. Although it’s a Star Alliance airline, TAP’s award chart has been mercilessly devalued over the last few years. There are a few “somewhat-sweet” spots that remain, but I don’t think it’s going to be #1 on the list for Nick while booking his #3cards3continents flights.
- Capital One is offering a 25% transfer bonus when converting Capital One Miles to TAP Air Portugal Miles & Go. This brings the transfer ratio to 1,000 Capital One Miles = 1,250 TAP Miles
- Valid from 7/1/22 to 11:59pm EDT on 7/31/22
- Rewards can only be transferred to a Loyalty Program registered to the exact username on the Capital One account. If the account information doesn’t match, the transfer may be delayed.
- Business class to Australia/New Zealand on Emirates from North America for 130K with no fuel surcharges. Emirates is one of the somewhat random partnerships that TAP Air Portugal has and is generally regarded as one of the best business class products in the air. While it's not cheap, it can be workable to book Emirates’ business class with TAP miles, especially with a transfer bonus. Emirates fuel surcharges aren’t passed on when booking award flights, so out-of-pocket costs are minimal and availability tends to be good.
- Business class to Far South America from 50K. TAP Miles&Go looks at all of South America as one region, so it's possible to combine United and Avianca from anywhere in the US to anywhere in South American for 50K miles with only ~$30 in fees. This includes United Polaris non-stops from IAH to either Santiago or Buenos Aires.
- North America (incuding Carribean) in Business for 45K. TAP Miles&Go considers all of the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean to be a single zone when making partner award bookings, so there are some options for decent transcontinental rates, as well as flights from anywhere in the US and/or Canada to the Carribean, primarily via United and Air Canada.
Things to know about TAP Miles&Go
- TAP Air Portugal also partners with Azul, Capital Airlines, Emirates, GOL, and SATA, even though these are not part of Star Alliance.
- While you can book TAP Air Portugal flights and partner flights online, in order to search for award availability, you’ll need to have miles in your Miles&Go account.
- There is a maximum of 6 segments for round-trip partner awards or 3 for one-way awards.
- 1 stopover per round-trip award ticket is permitted.
- Open jaws are permitted.
- Award tickets are refundable before travel has commenced.
- You're charged the award price of the HIGHEST class flown on any segment within the itinerary. So, one business class segment means the whole itinerary is priced as business class.
- It's possible to combine TAP Air Portugal Flights, Star Alliance Flights and non-Star Alliance partner flights on one itinerary.