|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
British Airways is back with its regular Avios sale that has a 50% bonus on purchased points. This can bring the cost down to 1.84 cents for accounts registered in the US. Accounts registered in Europe and the United Kingdom can buy Avios at approximately 1.4 cents per point. At that cost, it’s probably only worth considering if you have a specific high-value redemption planned. This has a shorter window than past sales and is valid from 1/17-1/19.
Past Avios Bonuses
- 50% bonus (Buy Avios for 1.4 -1.8 cents each). Valid through December 10-19, 2021.
- 50% bonus (Buy Avios for 1.4 -1.8 cents each). Valid through August 19-30, 2021.
- 50% bonus (Buy Avios for 1.4 -1.8 cents each). Valid through June 21- July 4, 2021.
- 50% bonus (Buy Avios for 1.4 -1.8 cents each). Valid through March 29 – April 11, 2021.
- Buy British Airways Avios with a 50% Bonus
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link)
- The offer is available from 07:00 (GMT) Monday 17 January 2022 to 23:59 (GMT) Wednesday 19 January 2022 only (the ‘Offer Period’)
- This offer is only valid when you Purchase or Gift 2,000 Avios and above. Offer is not valid when you Purchase or Gift 1,000 Avios.
- The Bonus Avios will not count towards your annual limit of 200,000 Avios.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Purchase Avios offer.
- Business class to Europe from 34K one-way via Iberia. This is probably my favorite Avios redemption and have one booked this year already. Iberia charges as few as 34K miles off-peak for one-way in business class on its own flights from New York, Boston, Chicago, or DC to Madrid during off-peak season. The fuel surcharges are quite reasonable and they also run seasonal promotions (usually during the Winter) where the prices drop down even further.
- Business class South America from 22K one-way via British Airways. I've used this once and availability can be tricky to find. But when you can find it, BA has excellent pricing for shorter distance non-stop American Airlines award flights.
- North America in economy from 11K round trip via Iberia. Iberia has a distance-based award chart that can be very useful for short itineraries on both Alaska and American Airlines (even those with connections) without the close-in booking fee of AA. See: From 11K RT on American: A sweet spot for North American flight redemptions.
Things to know
- Avios Purchases are processed by Points.com and DO NOT count as airfare.
- Avios can be easily transferred between Aer Lingus, Iberia and British Airways
- Avios expire after 36 months of no activity
- British Airways has near-extortionate fuel surcharges when flying on BA metal. It's best to keep Avios for use with partners or the Iberia Plus