Best Western is out with a potentially decent offer as they’re giving what they’re calling $50 Best Western gift cards for every two nights you stay this summer. There’s a catch though – the “gift cards” expire at the end of November.
- Stay two nights at Best Western properties & get $50 Best Western bonus card free.
- Direct link to registration.
- Best Western Rewards (“BWR) members (“Rewards Member(s)”) who (a) register for this promotion on bestwestern.com/rewardsrush2 or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western branded hotel), (b) complete at least two (2) eligible night stays* between May 22, 2023 and September 4, 2023 (“Promotion Period”) at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Rewards Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the promotion, will earn one (1) promotional $50 USD/CAD** Best Western Gift Card (“Gift Card(s)”). There is a limit of two (2) $50 USD/CAD Gift Cards or a total of $100 USD/CAD in Gift Cards per Rewards Member during the promotion. Gift Cards expire on November 30, 2023.
- Promotion registration and BWR enrollment/membership is required prior to the first eligible night stay. Eligible night stays completed prior to promotion registration and BWR enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the promotion requirements. BWR enrollment may be completed by visiting bestwesternrewards.com.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from completion of the eligible night stay to receive the Gift Card(s). The Gift Card(s) will be sent electronically to the Rewards Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Rewards Member has opted out of Best Western communications). The Gift Card(s) will not be sent via mail or any other means other than to the Rewards Member’s email address as registered in the Rewards Member’s account profile. Gift Card(s) expire on November 30, 2023. The expiration date will be stated on the Gift Card. No extensions, substitutions, or replacements available. The Gift Card(s) cannot be used to pay for the eligible night stay during which the Rewards Member qualified to receive the Gift Card(s) pursuant to this promotion. The Gift Card(s) can be used toward a subsequent stay after the Gift Card(s) is received. Visit travelcard.bestwestern.com for complete Gift Card terms and conditions.
Best Western loves to add a quirk to their promotions that limits how good the promos can be and this latest one is no exception. That quirk often comes in the form of having to book your stays with a 3-5 day period to be eligible, but that’s not the case with this latest offer. Instead, provided you register for the promotion before your stay(s), any stays with them through September 4 will be valid no matter when you make the reservation.
This latest promo is also better than it could’ve been in some ways because any two nights count, no matter whether they’re consecutive or booked as separate one night stays, plus it’s valid on up to four nights worth of stays as you can take advantage of the promotion twice.
The catch comes in the form of the “gift card” you receive because it’s only valid through the end of November this year. Gift cards you purchase at a store aren’t allowed to expire for at least five years, so I’m assuming Best Western can get away with calling what they’re offering “gift cards” because they’re not being sold – they’re being offered as rewards.
That expiry date might not be as much of a problem if the first two nights you stay is early on in the promotion period and you’re confident you can redeem the bonus cards before they expire. However, if you stay at the end of August/beginning of September and then have to wait 1-2 weeks for the bonus card(s) to arrive, that gives you less than two months to redeem them which might not be as easy to do. Still, it’s worth registering for this promo if you have Best Western stays planned this summer, even if you don’t know for sure if you’ll be able to redeem the bonus cards you’ll earn.
Be sure to click through from a shopping portal as it’s often possible to earn 10%/10x on paid Best Western stays – you can find the current rates here and here. Also keep an eye out for Best Western Amex Offers and Chase Offers, plus register for any future Best Western promos as they’re often stackable.