Hilton has returned with a new sale that’s giving some members up to a 100% bonus when buying Hilton Honors points between January 17, 2023 and March 7th, 2023 (sometimes this is targeted and the bonus may be 80% for some members). That means you can buy Hilton Honors points for 0.5cpp with this sale. Hilton usually limits members to 80K points purchased per year before the bonus, but they frequently expand on that (and in this current sale you can buy up to 160K with the bonus).
Past Hilton Points Sales
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5c each). May 30th, 2022 to July 19th, 2022
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5c each). March 17, 2022 to May 6, 2022
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5c each). Valid through March 11, 2022.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through February 9, 2022
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through December 31, 2021.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through July 29, 2021.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through July 8, 2021.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through May 11, 2021.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through March 5, 2021.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through July 15, 2020.
- 100% bonus (Buy points for 0.5 cents each). Valid through February 19, 2020.
- Buy Hilton Honors points for 0.5cpp.
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link)
- Points purchased do not count towards elite tier qualification.
- Points.com and Hilton Honors reserve the right to terminate bonus promotions at any time.
- All purchases must be made through the Purchase page on HiltonHonors.com. Timing and order of purchases will be determined by Hilton Honors in its sole discretion.
- The 100% Points bonus promotion is valid for purchases of 15K points or more up to a total of 80,000 points purchased (160K with bonus) and is available for purchases made between January 17th, 2023, at 12:01am ET and March 7th, 2023, at 11:59pm ET.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- Offer is subject to change.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Points will be posted to the recipients Hilton Honors account within 48 hours of the completed transaction.
- Purchased points do not count towards Honors status upgrades.
Best Uses for Hilton Points
- 5th night free. Use points to book 5 nights for the price of 4. This benefit is valid on longer stays, so if staying 10 nights you’ll get both the 5th and 10th nights free. Hilton status is required to take advantage of this benefit, but you can get that with the fee-free Hilton credit card.
- Save money on low category hotels. Hilton hotel awards start at 5,000 points per night, but those can be very difficult to find. 10,000 and 15,000 point properties are more common. These would cost $50 or $75 when booked with purchased points or less if using the 5th night free benefit.
- Stay at top tier properties for less. Most of Hilton’s top tier properties top-out at 95,000 points per night for a standard room. With this promotion, 95,000 points would cost you $475. That’s not bad for top tier hotels which often cost $800 or more.
- Pool points with up to 10 other members. Hilton allows members to create a pool with up to 10 people to share points back and forth. This makes the effective purchase limit much higher when combining forces with other members.
Things to Know About Hilton Points
- When you book nights with points, you will not earn points for the stay unless Hilton is running a promotion that awards bonus points per night/stay which includes award nights.
- Most hotel taxes are not charged on award stays, so this can make the value of buying points even better. Arguably, this factor and the one above roughly cancel each other out.
- Resort and destination fees are waived on award stays. This alone can make it worthwhile to use points instead of cash for your bookings.
- See our Hilton Honors Complete Guide for more information about the program.