|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There is a new, targeted Amex offer that gives 6,000 Membership Rewards points back on a $300+ purchase of Delta gift cards. The 6,000 MR bonus is worth $66 if cashed out via a Schwab American Express or ~$93 if using our Reasonable Redemption Values.
We found this offer on all of our MR-earning cards, so it appears to be widely-targeted. The fact that this is specifically aimed at gift card purchases makes the offer extremely easy to redeem.
- Targeted Amex offer for 6,000 Membership Rewards back on $300+ purchases of Delta gift cards. Enrollment is required and gift cards must be purchased at delta.com/giftcards/amex.
- Purchase must be completed by 11/27/2022
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- Offer valid online only at US website delta.com/giftcards/amex for e-gift cards & physical gift cards.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant.
- In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
- When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 11/27/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Normally Delta Amex Offers are targeted at purchases directly from Delta, leaving many folks to try and figure out ways to apply it to gift cards or a future flight credit in order to capture the savings from the offer. This one is far easier, as it’s targeted specifically at gift card purchases.
The offer is for a $300+ purchase, but it should go without saying that there’s absolutely no reason to buy more than the $300 minimum necessary to trigger the offer. Instead of the normal 20%ish cash back on these offers, the bonus is in Membership Rewards. 6,000 MR is worth $66 if you cash out using a Schwab card, but can be much more valuable than that if transfered to partners, giving this offer a value of somewhere between 22-32% back on a $300 gift card.
Officially, the offer is good until 11/27, but the normal Delta offers have a maximum redemption limit on them and will usually disappear before the expiration date. So, if you’re into this one, I’d advise getting on it sooner than later.