|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 4/2/22: It looks like this status match opportunity has maxed out its allowance of matching to Gold, so you can now only get Silver status with Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer.
Royal Air Maroc has launched a new status match promotion that also gets you oneworld status through March 2023.
- Earn Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer status by matching from another airline program.
- Direct link to offer.
- Only 1 status match per person will be permitted under this campaign matching to either Safar Flyer Gold or Silver Tiers.
- If approved, the status match upgrade is valid until March 31, 2023.
- All status match requests are handled by and are the responsibility of StatusMatch.com and not by Royal Air Maroc, Safar Flyer or any of its affiliates.
- In addition to other eligibility requirements, a status match will only be granted to applicant’s who’s name matches the records in the Safar Flyer program.
- With the participation in the campaign, participants acknowledge that the data submitted to Statusmatch.com will be shared with Royal Air Maroc for verification purposes.
- Only elite status holders of eligible airlines in the table further below, who pay the fee, and are fully validated will receive the matched status.
- The Status Match offer is limited in number of matches and timeframe (until 31 May 2022) at the sole discretion of StatusMatch.com and Royal Air Maroc. It may end at any time.
- Members that are approved for a status match will not be eligible for any potential subsequent status match with Safar Flyer.
- The awarded Safar Flyer status may be suspended, revoked or terminated by Royal Air Maroc in accordance with the Safar Flyer or StatusMatch.com program terms and conditions.
- Royal Air Maroc or StatusMatch.com reserve the right to deny the status match approval for users at its sole descretion.
- Royal Air Maroc may take up to 5 business days after approval by StatusMatch.com before the upgraded tier is visible in the member’s Safar Flyer account.
- Approved members will not receive a physical status card. The digital status card is available from the time of upgrade in the Safar Flyer app.
Royal Air Maroc joined oneworld back in April 2020, so they’re not matching status from other oneworld airlines. There is a wide range of eligible loyalty programs though:
- Aegean Airlines – Miles+Bonus
- Air Canada – Aeroplan
- Air Europa – SUMA
- Air France – Flying Blue
- Czech Airlines – OK Plus
- Delta Air Lines – SkyMiles
- Egyptair – Plus
- El Al – Matmid
- Emirates – Skywards
- Ethiopian Airlines – ShebaMiles
- Etihad – Guest
- Gulf Air – Falconflyer
- JetBlue – TrueBlue Rewards
- KLM – Flying Blue
- Kenya Airways – Flying Blue
- LATAM – LATAM Pass
- Lufthansa – Miles & More
- Middle East Airlines – Cedar Miles
- Oman Air – Sinbad
- Saudia – Alfursan
- Scandinavian Airlines – EuroBonus
- South African Airways – SAA Voyager
- TAP Air Portugal – Miles&Go
- Tunisar – Fidelys
- Turkish Airlines – Miles&Smiles
- United Airlines – MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic – Flying Club
- WestJet – Westjet Rewards
That list is pulled from the Safar Flyer Status Match FAQs page. ITA Airways – the new Italian airline – isn’t listed as an eligible airline, but according to Lucky they are matching ITA Airways Volare status. That’s notable because ITA has been offering a generous status match opportunity of their own. You could therefore match existing status with another oneworld airline to ITA and then match ITA to Royal Air Maroc. That probably won’t be worth it if your existing oneworld status has the same level and expiry date that you would end up with when matching to the Safar Flyer program due to the fee you have to pay.
Yep, Royal Air Maroc is charging €49 (~$55) to process your status match. That might be off-putting for some, but if you’ll be able to take advantage of the oneworld benefits you’ll receive (such as access to American Airlines’ Flagship lounges when flying domestically), that fee could be a good investment.
Silver status with Safar Flyer matches to oneworld Ruby, while Gold status matches to Sapphire. You can view the list of benefits for those oneworld status levels here.