|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
IHG One Rewards has opened registration for a fall/winter promotion which requires that you select which one of two sets of bonus points you earn on stays. Unless you know that you’ll only be staying two or three nights during the promotion period though, registering for the second option will make more sense.
- IHG One Rewards is offering a two-tiered promotion where you have to decide which of the two versions you register for:
- Earn 2,000 bonus points for every two nights you stay
- Earn 10,000 bonus points for every four nights you stay
- Direct link to registration.
- This promotional offer (the “Promotion”) gives IHG One Rewards members the opportunity to choose from one of two different options for earning extra IHG One Rewards bonus points. To partake in this Promotion, the individual must have an active valid IHG One Rewards account. The member must first register their member number for one of two available offers: (1) the “Earn 2,000 Points Every 2 Nights” offer (the “2,000 Points Offer”); or (2) the “Earn 10,000 Points Every 4 Nights” offer (the “10,000 Points Offer”). If a member has registered for the 2,000 Points Offer, the member can earn 2,000 IHG One Rewards bonus points each time they complete two (2) Qualifying Nights during the Promotion Period (defined below). If a member registered for the 10,000 Points Offer, the member can earn 10,000 IHG One Rewards bonus points each time they complete four (4) Qualifying Nights during the Promotion Period. A member can only register for one of these two Offers, and once a member has registered for one of them, the member is only eligible for that Offer and cannot register for the other Offer or receive any points under the other Offer.
- The “Promotion Period” is from October 13, 2022, through December 31, 2022. Members will be able to register for this Promotion starting on September 28, 2022. A member can only register once. By clicking the “click to register” button for the Promotion, a member is registering for either the 2,000 Points Offer or the 10,000 Points Offer and is accepting these Terms & Conditions. After registering, a member cannot change the option they have chosen.
- For purposes of this Promotion, the Qualifying Nights can be at any participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts, Mr & Mrs Smith properties, or participating Six Senses® properties (as identified on each hotel’s booking page), and each Qualifying Night must be during the Promotion Period and must be part of a Qualifying Stay. A “Qualifying Stay” is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to claim the night for purposes of this Offer. No retroactive credit will be given for nights prior to registration.
- Members registered for either the 2,000 Points Offer or the 10,000 Points Offer will have unlimited earning potential for this Promotion during the Promotional Period. The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to the recipient’s member account.
This IHG One Rewards promotion is a little strange because unless you know for sure that you’ll be staying fewer than four nights at IHG properties during the promotion period, there’s no sense in selecting the 2,000 bonus points for every two nights option because you’ll always come out ahead with the option giving 10,000 points every four nights.
With that latter option, you’re effectively earning 2,500 bonus points per night when staying in four night increments which is a pretty good return, although quite how good will depend on how much you’re paying for your room. If, for example, you pay $125 per night for your room and stay four nights, this works the same as a triple points promotion. On the other hand, someone staying a week at a hotel charging $200 per night will only earn 10,000 bonus points which means you’d be earning fewer bonus points than if IHG was offering a double points promotion.