Update: For those registered, there will be a bonus event tonight, Friday 10/16 at 6-9 Central. Speed networking, 3 rounds, attend 1, attend all 3 – up to you. Check the email you used to register through Eventbrite for details (note that there were two emails sent — the second has the correct time and the link you need).
The Chicago Seminars is an epic points-and-miles meetup event that happens every year in October at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove in Chicago, IL. It always features a fantastic lineup of speakers and attendees fly from all over the country — often year after year — to attend. This year, an in-person event obviously won’t be possible, so the event has gone online. This Saturday, from 10am to 1pm Central time, Stefan Krasowski of Rapid Travel Chai will host a nonstop variety show of points-and-miles speakers that enlighten, entertain, and elevate your Saturday for just elevent bucks (with proceeds going to charity). Come join us.
- The Chicago Seminars 2020 Variety Show is on this Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 10am-1pm Central Time online (replay will be on if you’re not available at that time) with tickets just $11 and benefiting several charities.
- Speakers will include Nick & Stephen from Frequent Miler as well as Tiffany Funk, Shawn Coomer, Marty Paz, Dia Wisley Adams, Dave Homyak, Matthew Klint, ZB Feenk, Tom Carnevale, Jamal Robinson, Lee Huffman, Howie Rappaport and more
- Direct link to register
- Ticket price = $11
- Event date: Saturday, October 17, 2020
- Event time: 10am-1pm Central Time (replay will be available)
- Charities benefitting include:
- Airline Ambassadors International
- Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
- Semper Fi Fund
- Registration includes access to Facebook networking community
Points and miles events like this are always a good time and are typically a good opportunity for people to share tips and exchange information that you may not find written in posts. They can also be a great chance to network with others “in the game”. Obviously this year is a unique situation, but the ability to connect via the Facebook forum and to attend without needing a plane ticket and hotel might make this event particularly attractive.
Topics are set to be rapid fire as you can guess based on the long list of speakers and tight timeframe. Topics to be covered include:
- Amplify your earnings and maximize your savings in 2-player mode
- Hyatt mattress running promotions
- IHG Ambassador promo
- Earning Delta status with the current card MQM offers
- Changing world Of Aeroplan
- One non-rev to the rule them all, plus that blocked middle seat
- U-Haul across the US, home renovation
- Managing and organizing points
- Estate planning and your miles
- Hotel alternatives
- Buying groups
- Reselling for the holidays
The answer to your next question is no, I’m not talking about Hyatt mattress running.
If you’re free this Saturday and/or if you just want to support a good cause and check out the presentations via the replay after the fact, I think this is worth considering if for nothing else for the novelty of an online variety show bringing together such a wealth of points & miles knowledge.
For more information, click here to go to the event registration page. Note that I do not believe they are publishing a schedule in order to keep the event fresh and maintain an element of mystery. I hope to see some of you there in the comments during the live stream!