Radisson Rewards has launched a new promotion which is offering double points on all stays for the three months from February to April.
- Earn double points on all stays worldwide at Radisson Rewards properties.
- Direct link to registration.
- To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards member (“Member”); (ii) Register online for the Promotion prior to checkout of the Eligible Stay (to become an “Eligible Member”) and (iii) Complete Eligible Stays between February 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide (collectively, “Participating Properties”).
- Double points apply to standard/base points only. During the Promotion, an Eligible Member will earn 20 Bonus Points issued per U.S. Dollar spent. The Bonus Point earnings are in addition to the standard/base earnings of 20 points issued per U.S. Dollar spent and their Tier Bonus (Silver, additional 2 points per U.S. Dollar spent; Gold, additional 5 points per U.S. Dollar spent; Platinum, additional 15 points per U.S. Dollar spent).
- Eligible Members will earn Bonus Points for each Eligible Stay completed at Participating Properties during the Promotion Period, not to exceed 100,000 total Bonus Points (“Promotion Bonus”). Bonus Points will be credited to the Member’s account throughout the Promotion Period when the standard points are credited, usually within 5-10 business days after the Eligible Stay has been consumed.
- Eligible Stays reserved prior to the Promotion Period are eligible for this Promotion but must be consumed (arrival and departure) during the Promotion Period to be eligible and must have been booked via an eligible booking source with an eligible rate.
This is a fairly unusual promotion for Radisson Rewards as most of their promotions reward you with x number of bonus points per stay. That can be a nice reward for cheap stays of one night, but isn’t particularly enticing if you’re booking a more expensive stay.
This double points promotion on the other hand is much more rewarding for anyone booking longer and/or more expensive stays. Radisson Rewards ordinarily offers 20 base points per dollar spent, so this promo awards an additional 20 bonus points per dollar.
Their last non-award stay promotion offered 5,000 bonus points per stay. If your stay costs more than $250, you’ll therefore be better off with this latest double points offer than you would have been with that 5,000 bonus points promo.
If you have one of the Radisson Rewards credit cards which offers Gold status, you could earn a total of 55 points per dollar from this promotion – 20x base, 20x bonus from this promo, 10x bonus from the credit card and 5x bonus from the Gold status.
If you have a Chase United card though, you might be better off paying with that card. That’s because the United Visa Rewards feature in the MileagePlus X (MPX) app is offering 25x MileagePlus miles when paying for Radisson stays with your United card. That 25x rate is good on up to $330 of spend, so the best card to pay with will depend on how much you’re spending on your stay.
Speaking of spend, there is a limit on how many bonus points you can earn during the promotion period, although it’s unlikely that many people will bump up against that limit. Radisson Rewards is offering a maximum of 100,000 bonus points from this offer; with 20 bonus points being earned per dollar, you’ll max it out when spending $5,000. Unless you’ll be spending 1.5+ months in Radisson properties or will be staying at expensive hotels, that limit shouldn’t be of concern.