|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hertz is offering Five Star and President’s Circle members the ability to gift elite status to a friend, family member, or colleague. This could be a decent little surprise gift that doesn’t cost you anything and could be an added bonus for your friend if and when they travel and rent.
- Hertz is offering the opportunity to for Five Star and President’s Circle status members to share a year of elite status with a friend, family member, or colleague. That status gift will be valid from January 31, 2021 to January 31, 2022.
- Direct link to this promotion
- Offer available to active Hertz Five Star and President’s Circle members only.
- Each member can grant Five Star or President’s Circle status to one customer only.
- Gifted status is available from 1/31/21 to 1/31/22.
At the moment, given the general lack of travel, this may not seem very exciting. However, given that the gifted status will be valid from January 31, 2021 to January 31, 2022, there is at least a decent shot that you know someone who will do some traveling before the status year is up. Whether or not that travel will happen in a Hertz rental car may be difficult to predict, but it’s not a bad little gift nonetheless.
Hertz elite status doesn’t give you much. They bill this deal as giving your chosen recipient:
- Access to a wider selection of vehicles
- Automatic upgrades when available; and
- Ways to earn loyalty points 25% faster to put toward free upgrades, rental days and more
While the value of those benefits isn’t firm, they can nonetheless be valuable sometimes. The thing I like most about having rental car status is being able to bypass the counter and choose a nicer car / something that fits my needs better than whatever might have been assigned. I’ve only rented with Hertz status a few times, but on one solo trip to a conference I was able to choose something a bit sportier and more fun for whatever the cheap compact or medium car price was that I had paid.
Having status means you have a better shot at having a car when you need it and getting an upgrade when it matters, so being able to share your status is a nice little stocking stuffer that might make someone’s day on a future trip.
I do like the simplicity of this promotion: just visit the landing page and enter your info and your recipient’s name, email address, and state. That keeps things simple and hopefully seamless — which is exactly the experience they are trying to advertise.
I gifted it to my son. However, I did a status match a year ago to be a Presidents Circle Member. However, when I log into Hertz it shows me as a Golf Plus Rewards Five Star member. Also doesn’t show an expiration date. Any thoughts? Thanks.