|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
A promotion launched on November 1st for World of Hyatt Visa cardholders to get $75 back when spending $250 or more at Hyatt’s independent collection brands (Unbound Collection, Destination Hotels, and joie de vivre). We just realized we hadn’t previously covered this promotion and wanted to alert any readers who may have missed it since you must register by 1/5/21 even though you can use the offer through the end of March.
- World of Hyatt Visa cardholders can get $75 back on $250 or more at a participating hotel, resort or residence in Hyatt’s independent collection brands (in the U.S.) through March 31, 2021 provided they register by 1/5/21.
- Direct link to this promotion
- This offer is only valid for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing who receive this offer.
- This offer only applies to Qualifying Transactions made directly at Destination Hotels and Resorts, Joie de Vivre, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt hotels in the U.S. with your Hyatt Credit Card or your World of Hyatt Credit Card during the promotional period (11/01/2020 – 3/31/2021) totaling $250 or more.
- Cardmembers must register for this promotion from October 29, 2020 to January 5, 2021.
- To qualify, transactions must be identified as qualifying transactions on Visa’s proprietary network (VisaNet). The merchants must submit the transactions under the appropriate merchant identifier for the transactions to be identified as a qualifying transaction.
- “Qualifying Transactions” are purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your account directly for hotel night stays at these properties, and do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, and checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.
- Link to full terms
This is obviously a very good offer for Hyatt fans and the timing is great for those taking advantage of the Ludicrously easy path to Hyatt Globalist status (top-tier status for two years). Just make sure to activate and use the offer on time.
Want to learn more about miles and points? Subscribe to email updates or check out our podcast on your favorite podcast platform.
I see someone already asked, but hasn’t received a reply. The T&C are vague about whether a single transaction or multiple transactions totaling at least $250 will qualify. Anyone done this with multiple stays?
I split the payment for our recent stay between mine and P2 cards, each with more than $250 charge. P2 got the credits for for both the 10% offer and $75 back for this offer. I only got the credit for the 10% offer so far. Not sure if this offer is for per stay or per card.
Related: Check your Chase cards for 10% off up to $25 back on $250. I have this on my WOH and Sapphire Reserve cards.
Wonder if that stacks with this $75?
assume the $250 is all in and not before T&F
FYI, current buy 2 get 1 night free at JdV, only 2 nights count as qualifying
Don’t see any mention of Hyatt gift cards from a Hyatt property?
I saw it specifically excluded in the T&C.
“Offer not valid for gift card purchases or purchases made online or through third-parties.”
Does anyone know if this has to be done in one transaction? Or can I space it out over a couple stays?
Also, are the thompson hotels considered part of this? It’s not clear to me if they are part of the independent collection or not.
How does this work for legacy cardholders? The cards are getting automatically switched in January, will the promotion automatically transfer to the new cards?
Ooof! Looking at the T&C’s, it says:
My guess is that would be if you changed it, instead of the forced change.
I’m curious if anyone has had this credit post yet? I stayed at Carmel Valley Ranch in early November, charges posted to my card Nov 4 but the credit hasn’t showed up yet. I’m going to give it another week or two before I contact them to follow up since it says 6-8 weeks.
[…] $75 back on $250 at Hyatt with World of Hyatt Visa (Unbound Collection, Destination Hotels, and joie…. Valid through March 31, 2021 (Register by 1/5/21). […]
I’m glad you saw my comment on the Globalist post. Maybe you should post an update there too? It’s my master post for understanding all Hyatt promos, hehe. I wish my Chase card would get a % offer back and I missed out on the recently expired Amex Offer too.
I actually didn’t see your comment or I would have had tipped it. Greg sent me the promo landing page and noted that we had never written about this despite having received the information from Hyatt’s marketing team, so I wrote up this post. I’ll be sure to make sure that page gets updated as well, thanks for the heads up!
Nick, are you able to check with your Hyatt person if those legacy holders who were forced to convert to the new WOH card still qualify for this offer? I registered while I was still a legacy Hyatt cardholder and in the terms it says “Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this offer.”