Doctor of Credit has reported on a targeted Amex Offer to save on Delta Air Lines flights. After reading through the comments on their post, I see that there are at least a couple of different offers out. Unfortunately, neither my wife nor I were targeted this time around, but if you’ll be booking Delta flights, it is worth taking a look for this.
- There are new targeted Amex offers out for Delta Air Lines purchases. Some cardholders have reported the following offers (see your Amex account for offer details if targeted):
- $200 back on a purchase of $700 or more
- $125 back on a purchase of $550 or more
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Delta Air Lines through U.S. delta.com, via Fly Delta U.S. App, and U.S. reservation telephone line.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories, in order to qualify.
- Offer valid only for purchases where Delta Air Lines is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees, baggage fees, standby fees, and Delta Sky Club® memberships.
- Excludes the following: (i) purchases in-person at the airport where Delta is not the merchant of record, lounges, and sales offices, (ii) all purchases on-board flights including food, beverage, and WiFi, (iii) stand alone hotel bookings and car rentals through delta.com, (iv) purchases through third parties or affiliated agents, and (v) Delta Vacations®, Delta Dive, Delta Cargo, On Demand Charter services, Delta Flight Museum, SkyMiles® Marketplace purchases, SkyMiles Experiences™, SkyMiles Cruises, Delta Meeting Network, (vi) travel insurance/trip protection, gift card purchases, and charitable donations.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
These are great offers if you are targeted for them and you have upcoming travel to book on Delta. Even if you don’t have near-term travel plans, this could be useful since you could theoretically book a speculative trip on Delta and then if you cancelled later, you could potentially get a credit with Delta to use on another trip. That may also be a way to apply this offer to a flight beyond the specified criteria.