|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The United MileagePlus shopping portal is offering 20 miles per dollar today for purchases at eBags.com. That’s a nice return if you’ve got your eye on new bags.
- Get 20x United Mileage Plus miles per dollar today at eBags.com via the United MileagePlus Shopping portal
- Direct link to this deal
- Orders deemed by eBags.com to be used for reselling purposes are not eligible. (never had this happen to me, but it’s in the terms)
- Not eligible on the following brands: Fujifilm, Samsung, Briggs & Riley.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates, luggage locator services, or monogramming.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
If you value United miles at our Reasonable Redemption Value of 1.4c each (See: Airline Miles are worth 1.4 cents each. A simplified approach to Reasonable Redemption Values.), this is like a return of 28% in mileage form. It is certainly possible to get more value than that out of United miles when redeeming for international premium-cabin travel with partners, so the return here could be significant depending on how you use your miles.
Note the exclusions through the portal — only a few brands are excluded, but also note that using coupon codes that are not found on the portal could negate your miles. eBags sometimes sends out unique coupon codes via email and I believe that using one of those might prevent you from earning miles.
Keep in mind that eBags does not only sell bags — they sell some electronics, camping equipment like tents & sleeping bags, etc. Items beyond luggage/purses/bags are limited and prices aren’t always good, but sometimes you can find a deal and earn 20 miles per dollar. Also keep in mind that eBags no longer allows you to combine gift cards via chat, but I’ve had success in earning miles when paying for an order in part with a gift card and the remainder on a credit card, so if you recently took advance of an Amex Offer and bought an eBags gift card, you might be able to stack some further savings.