|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Rakuten is currently offering 3% back / 3x Membership Rewards points in-store at Food Lion. That’s a great deal since it would stack nicely with cards that earn a bonus at US Supermarkets — and that’s particularly true for those who have triggered a recent referral promotion.
- Rakuten is offering 3% back / 3x Membership Rewards points in-store at Food Lion when you link the in-store offer to your credit card
- Direct link to this deal
- Earn Cash Back when you shop with your linked card at all participating Food Lion stores.
- Debit card purchases must be processed as credit to be eligible for Cash Back. When using your debit card, do not enter your PIN.
- Only US-issued payment cards are eligible to enroll and earn Cash Back. Offer not valid for gift card purchases.
- In-Store offers not valid for online purchases and may not be combined with other Rakuten rewards. US stores only. O
- A linked offer is good for 1 hour after initial redemption. After such time the offer must be re-linked prior to your next purchase.
- A linked offer that has not been redeemed will automatically expire 45 days after it is linked or on the date the offer itself ends, whichever is sooner.
- Cash Back earned will be paid with your next eligible Rakuten Big Fat Check!
- See landing page for full terms.
This is a great deal if you live near a Food Lion since there are a number of cards that offer excellent category bonus points for U.S. Supermarket spend.
This could be particularly interesting for those who have an Amex Gold card since that card earns 4 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases at U.S. Supermarkets on up to $25K in spend per year (then 1x). Better yet, the current referral promotion on that card offers +5 points per dollar at U.S. Supermarkets on up to $25K in purchases over 3 months. I triggered that promotion and as such I have been earning 9 total points per dollar spent at U.S. Supermarkets. If I lived near a Food Lion, I’d be thrilled to stack another 3x on top for a total return of 12 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent.
Don’t forget to re-link the offer if you make multiple trips to the store. The terms indicate that the offer will work for 1 hour after your initial purchase and then you need to re-link it to use it again.
Keep in mind that terms state this will not work on gift card purchases, but if you’re shopping at Food Lion today you’ll definitely want to sync up this offer.
H/T: GC Galore