View from the Wing flags excellent award availability via Qatar Qsuites from January 2022 through the end of the booking calendar. There are 4 seats available in Qatar business class on Qsuites routes on many dates next year. From Seattle, the availability is particularly notable with 4 seats available nearly every day some months next year.
- Qatar Qsuites has excellent award availability in business class from US gateways to Doha in 2022, with 4 seats available on many dates from some cities.
- American Airlines AAdvantage = 70K miles + $7.65 one way
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club (Citi transfer partner) = 70K one way + $7.65
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles = 75K miles + $485 one one
- British Airways Avios = varies, but I think the least you’ll pay from the US 108,250 miles but most flights will be far enough to cost 154,500 one way. Fees of about $485 one way.
Unfortunately, you can not yet book Qatar through Alaska Mileage Plan (Alaska has said that oneworld bookings would begin “summer 2021” and summer is here, Alaska!). However, you may be able to work this into a British Airways multi-carrier award with at least a leg on American or Alaska — though the fuel surcharges make that kind of unattractive.
Keep in mind also that we’ve recently seen Qsuites fares to Europe under $2K round trip from the US, so in some cases a cash ticket (or one booked via Chase Ultimate Rewards) might make more sense given the redeemable miles you can earn. It’s worth taking a look.
However, if you’re flush with American Airlines miles, this can be a pretty compelling deal. Qsuites looks amazing — and booking for four means you can have that business meeting in the sky with the pie charts and bar graphs of your dreams.
Alternatively, the two seats in the middle fold nicely into a double bed. And the lounge in Doha is fantastic — I would say it is easily the best business class lounge I’ve ever visited (many have given the title to the Turkish business lounge in Istanbul, though I haven’t been to that one).
To be clear, it is not only Seattle with this availability — View from the Wing flags Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, and more. If you were looking to put together a trip in Quites, 2022 might be your year.