Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Up to 180K points
Up to 180K points: 130K after $2K spend in 3 months + 50K after $10K total spend in first 6 months. Terms apply. (Rates & Fees)
Click Here to Apply
$95 Annual Fee
FM Mini Review: Easy way to secure Hilton Gold status (which offers free breakfast among other perks). Amex business cards do not count towards 5/24 status so will not hurt chances of applying for Chase cards.
Card Type: Amex Credit Card
Earning rate: ⚬ 12X Hilton spend ⚬ 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases (flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel; car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies; US restaurants; US gas stations; wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service provider; US shipping purchases) ⚬ 3X on all other eligible purchases
Big spend bonus:
Free weekend night after $15K spend in calendar year and another after $60K spend
Diamond elite status with $40K calendar year spend
Noteworthy perks: ⚬ Free Gold status. Diamond status w/ $40K spend. ⚬ 10 free Priority Pass lounge visits per calendar year ⚬ Terms Apply. (Rates & Fees)
See also: Hilton Amex Cards. Everything you need to know.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers the following benefits:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Hilton Gold status; Diamond status after $40K calendar year spend
- Earning rate:
- 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
- 6X on select business purchases:
- U.S. gas stations
- wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- 6X on select travel purchases:
- U.S. restaurants
- Flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com
- Car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- 3X on all other eligible purchases
- Weekend Night Rewards:
- $15K calendar year spend = first weekend night reward
- $60K calendar year spend = second weekend night reward
- You will receive the reward email within 8-12 weeks after you have met each purchase requirement.
- Weekend = Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night
- Weekend Night Rewards cannot be used at Hilton hotels listed here: HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward.
- 10 free Priority Pass Lounge passes per calendar year
Overall this is a great option for those who want an easy way to get and keep Hilton Gold status (which offers free breakfast, among other perks). Due to the relatively low value of Hilton points compared to many other types of rewards (see: Reasonable Redemption Values
), this isn't the best card to use for spend at 3X, but it's not bad for it's 6X and 12X categories.
Amex Application Tips
- Safe to Apply: Amex is the safest bank for trying your luck at a new welcome bonus. They don’t usually issue a hard pull when denying your application, and if you already have an Amex card, they won't usually issue a hard pull when approved for another one. Plus, they’ll now warn you during the application process if you’re not eligible for the bonus.
- Lifetime Rule: If you've ever had the same card before, you are most likely prohibited from getting a welcome bonus for the card if you apply now. Fortunately you'll be warned during the application process if this is the case. Amex is known to "forget" that you've had a card after about 7 years.
- 90 Day Rule: You can get at most two credit cards within 90 days. This rule does not apply to Pay Over Time (charge) cards.
- 5 credit card max: Amex usually won't approve applications for new credit cards if you already have 5 or more Amex credit cards or 10 or more charge cards.
- Better Offers: You may be able to get a better offer than the best available public offer. Details here.
- Hard inquiries combine into 1 when approved same day
Check application status here.
If denied, call reconsideration: 877-399-3083 (new accountholders); 866-314-0237 (current accountholders)
How to Meet Spend Requirements
In order to meet minimum spend requirements, people often look for options to increase spend in ways that result in getting their money back. These techniques are referred to as "manufacturing spend". American Express has terms in their welcome offers that exclude some manufactured spend techniques
from counting towards the minimum spend requirements for the welcome bonus. For example, most new cardmember bonuses have terms like this:
Eligible purchases to meet the Threshold Amount do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
That said, many techniques for meeting minimum spend are perfectly fine. Here are some techniques that are safe for meeting Amex minimum spend requirements (click each link for more information):
Related Cards (Hilton)