|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines shopping portal launched a new promotion this week which offers up to 4000 bonus miles when spending between $200-1500.
The American Airlines shopping portal is offering the following bonuses:
- American Airlines
- Spend $200 and earn 500 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Spend $600 and earn 1,500 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Spend $1500 and earn 4,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Expires 11/18/22
Terms and Conditions
- During the “Holiday Bonus” offer, which runs from 11/3/2022 through 11/18/2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 4,000 AAdvantage® miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the base AAdvantage® miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage® eShoppingSM mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period using one of the following tiers: Tier 1 bonus: 500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $200; Tier 2 bonus: 1,500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $600; or Tier 3 bonus: 4,000 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $1,500 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage® eShoppingSM account.
- The Tier 3 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded.
As per usual with these bonuses, the American shopping portal promotion gives you about two weeks to hit the spending threshold for the bonus. This time though, the top payout is slightly bigger at 4,000 miles max. Be aware that you don’t earn a corresponding number of American Loyalty Points for the bonus miles earned through this kind of promotion (although you will earn miles on the base spends).
While gift card purchases are always listed as being excluded from these bonuses, the bonus miles can usually be triggered by buying gift cards from either Raise or Giftcards.com (GCC), as those purchases get tracked by the portal. During the last portal bonus period, I was able to trigger the top level through a Visa Gift Card purchase on GCC.
Portal offers are always a nice bonus on spend you might make already, but they aren’t always world-beating. Be sure to compare portal rates on Cashback Monitor before committing to any of them.