|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines Shopping Portal is doubling its normal payout on GiftCards.com to 2 miles/points per dollar on up to $2000 in spend. There is an additional, stackable, 500 mile bonus on purchases through the portal of $200+. These 500 miles will not create loyalty points towards elite status, but the 2x miles/dollar will.
- American Airlines shopping portal offering 2x miles on Giftcards.com purchases.
- Direct link to offer.
- If using Safari 12, go to your browser settings and disable the ‘Prevent Cross-Site Tracking’ setting before clicking through the portal for proper tracking to occur.
- Orders over $2,000.00 max per month per customer are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- 500 miles bonus expires 2/17.
The largest Visa Gift Card that can be purchased through GiftCards.com is $250 and there is a $4.95 fee per card. Shipping is $8 per order. I bought 7 cards with my Hyatt Business Card and the total came out to just over $1800. I’ll receive 4100 redeemable AA miles, 3600 Loyalty Points and 1800 Hyatt Points. I value the Hyatt Points at about $27 and the 500 bonus AA miles at ~$5 for a total of $32. Using my (generous) math, that puts me at a $18 cost for 3600 AA miles/points or .5 cents per point.
Although the terms of the 500 mile bonus offer exclude gift card purchases, that doesn’t seem to apply to Giftcards.com, so you should get the 500 miles bonus. Note that the cards are issued by Metabank. Liquidation has become trickier for many with these cards, so take that into account when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger.
(h/t: GC Galore)