Over the past 24 hours, Amex has been sending out emails notifying cardholders of “appreciation credits” on many credit cards with renewal. I’d recommend keeping your eye out for any emails from American Express to double check the details. Note that this is different from retention offers in that Amex is reaching out with these offers proactively.
Doctor of Credit has reported that these emails are going out to cardholders with renewal dates between May 1 – December 31, 2020. Members of our Frequent Miler Insiders have reported receiving offers on many cards. Email subject lines vary but could be “A token of our appreciation for <first name>” or “Your additional Card value for 2020”.
Here are some of the offers we’ve seen so far:
- Amex Platinum card (personal / consumer): Members who renew between 4/1/20 and 12/31/20 are eligible to receive a $200 travel statement credit for eligible purchases through Amex Travel made between August 2020 through December 31, 2021.
- Delta Reserve (personal/consumer): $100 statement credit after renewal
- Business Platinum: $200 statement credit with renewal
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business: $125 statement credit with renewal
- Delta Platinum SkyMiles Business: $75 statement credit with renewal
- Marriott Bonvoy Business: $50 statement credit with renewal
- Hilton Business: $50 statement credit with renewal
We will continue to update this post as further data points come in. If you have received a renewal offer on any other Amex cards, let us know in the comments.