|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott Homes & Villas is out with a familiar promotion, but they have made a significant change to the terms: You can once again earn 40,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points with a Homes & Villas booking of 4 nights or more when you book between May 15, 12:01 AM and May 19, 11:59 PM and stay between May 15, 2023 and September 9, 2023 and spend a minimum of $1,500. That makes this promotion a nice rebate if Marriott Homes & Villas is your best option for a booking, but keep in mind that many of their properties are also on Airbnb, Vrbo, and other vacation rental websites and as such it makes sense to price shop to make sure that you’re getting a good deal.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when booking a 4+ night stay with Marriott Homes & Villas when you book between May 15-May 19 and stay between May 15-September 9, 2023 and spend at least $1,500
- Direct link to offer.
Earn 40,000 Bonus Points
from May 15 – May 19, 2023
- A “stay” is defined as four (4) or more consecutive nights spent at the same property, regardless of check-in and check-out activity.
- Registration is not required for this promotion.
- Marriott Bonvoy Members earn 40,000 bonus points per eligible paid stay at a participating home rental booked between May 15, 2023 (12:01 AM EST) – May 19, 2023 (11:59 PM EST) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy website (“HVMB Platform”). Stays of four (4) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning May 15, 2023, up to and including nights stayed on or before September 9, 2023.
- A minimum spend for the stay is $1,500 USD (or foreign currency equivalent)
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMB Platform.
- Promotion bonus Points are in addition to the base Points and any Elite bonus Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMB Platform.
- Home rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMB Platform: however, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program and do not participate in this promotion.
- Award redemption stays where Points are redeemed for a portion of, or the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion.
- Provided that the correct Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account Number is added as part of the booking process, Points will automatically appear in the Member’s Account three (3) to six (6) weeks (21–42 days) following the completion of their stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- No points are awarded for cancellation or no-show
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information.
This isn’t nearly as good as the promotion was a couple of weeks ago as the previous iteration had no minimum spend requirement (See: Incredible Marriott promo – Earn 40,000 bonus points on a 4+ night stay). This time around, you’ll need to be spending at least $1,500. The good news is that is a minimum of $1500 all-in — the cost before taxes & fees can be less than $1500 as long as the taxes & fees bump the total price over $1500.
As an example, see these two sets of dates for one property where the total nightly cost is less than $1500 before fees and taxes, but you can see that when the total with all fees breaks $1500 it shows that you’ll earn the extra 40,000 points.
That’s certainly a nice rebate, but it won’t be worth seeking out a stay solely for the points.
As noted at the top, keep in mind that many of these properties are also listed on other sites and there is sometimes considerable price variance from one booking platform to the next. Even if Marriott is a bit more expensive than your alternatively options, this promotion might make it worth booking through Marriott — but be sure to run that comparison.