Air France/KLM Flying Blue is once again offering a bonus on purchased miles that can bring the cost down to as low as 1.53 cents each. This could be especially useful if you want to take advantage of the current 20% transfer bonuses from Capital One and/or need additional miles.
Buy Air France / KLM Flying Blue miles with up to 100% bonus (Buy points from 1.53 cents each):
- Valid 8/5/22 to 8/18/22
- Bonus offer is tiered:
- Buy 4,000+ miles, receive 50% bonus (2.03cpm)
- Buy 12,001+ miles, receive 70% bonus (1.78cpm)
- Buy 22,001+ miles, receive 100% bonus (1.53cpm)
- Maximum purchase per calendar year: 100,000 miles (not counting bonus miles). Elite members are not limited in how many miles they can buy, but they can only receive a maximum of 300,000 bonus miles.
- Maximum bonus miles that can be earned during promotion: 100,000 for non-elites / 300,000 for elite members)
- Direct link to Offer (must log-in to see bonus)
- Air France Flying Blue Promo Rewards. Each month, Air France offers discounted award rates for a number of routes. Sometimes we see economy flights from the US to Europe available for less than 11,000 miles one-way.
- Fly to Israel for the same award price as to Europe. For example, you may see business class flights from the U.S. to Tel Aviv for as low as 55,000 miles one-way.
- Delta economy flights between the US and Hawaii for 17,500 miles one-way. Air France also has great award prices for Delta first class to Hawaii, but Delta rarely releases first class award space on its Hawaii routes.
- Air France awards usually incur taxes and fees.
- Award availability may be hard to find. Acquire Flying Blue miles only if you know that the awards you want are available.
- Flying Blue miles expire 2 years after they are earned. Keeping miles alive beyond two years is… weird:
- As long as you don’t credit any flying activity to your account, you can renew your miles by acquiring more miles through non-flight activity. For example, transferring miles from a transferable points program will renew these miles.
- If you earn miles by crediting flight activity to your account, then all of your miles become flight activity miles and can only be extended by taking an eligible flight (and crediting it to Flying Blue), or by being an elite member, or making a purchase with your Air France / KLM Flying Blue credit card.
- For more details, see: Air France’s Flying Blue miles are easier to extend than I thought
This is typically the best deal that Air France runs for buying miles. While it doesn’t make sense to buy miles speculatively, this promotion might make sense if you need to top off to book an award.
Flying Blue mileage purchases are processed by Points.com, so this will not code as travel – use your best “everywhere else” card to purchase.