|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Choice Privileges has launched a new promotion that’s offering a 40% bonus when buying 8,000 or more points. This reduces the cost to 0.74cpp when buying 10,000+ points which can provide great value given the right redemption.
- Get a 40% bonus when buying 8,000+ Choice Privileges points.
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link).
- Transactions must be completed between 12 AM EST April 6th, 2023 and 11:59 PM EST April 28th, 2023 to be eligible for this Bonus offer.
- There is a 8,000 point purchase minimum that applies.
- Must be a Choice Privileges® Rewards Program member;
- Points will be posted to your Choice Privileges account within 24 hours after your transaction is complete.
- Purchased points do not count toward Elite Status or Lifetime Elite Gold Status.
- Transactions are final and non-refundable.
- Purchases are nonrefundable
This isn’t quite as good as the promotion that Choice just ran with a 50% discount that came out 0.69c per point, but it still could be worth it for some redemptions.
You’ll get the 40% bonus when buying 8,000 points or more (with points available in 1,000 point increments). You have to buy 10,000+ points to get the 0.69cpp cost though, as buying 8,000-9,000 points costs 0.82cpp even with the 40% bonus.
We’ve provided our affiliate link above, but you can also earn cashback when clicking through to Points.com from a shopping portal. That reduces the net cost further yet.
Greg has shared before why it can be worth having a small stash of Choice points on hand (see: On my mind (Choice Privileges edition)), so this is a way to pick them up at a lower cost than normal.
Previous Choice Privileges Points Sales
- 50% Off – 3/24/23 through 4/5/23
- 25% Off – 1/9/23 through 2/3/23
- 25% Off – 12/9/22 through 12/17/22
- 40% Off – 11/18/22 through 12/3/22
- 30% Off – 10/10/22 through 11/11/22
- 35% Off – 10/3/22 through 10/9/22
- 30% Off – 9/9/22 through 9/23/22
- 25% Off – 7/22/22 through 8/28/22
- 20% Off – 6/3/22 through 6/18/22
- 25% Off – 5/11/22 through 5/18/22
- 40% Off – 3/28/22 through 4/29/22
You can also transfer the points to the Radisson Americas program. I recently stayed at the Radisson Hotel Miami Beach. It was well worth the points.
Good luck with that. I still can’t transfer despite talking to RA and Choice multiple times. Both accounts are active and the profiles are identical.
I think this is fine, but given the pricing of Daily Deals later this summer, I can’t think of a reason to buy here unless you have a trip in the next, oh, 100 days.
Your headline reads “30%”
I would peg the average value of a Choice point at about half a cent, so it’s not worth stockpiling at this price level. That said, the Choice program is poorly run, and there are some properties where — if you didn’t buy points with the Daily Getaways promo — you could get good value at .69 cents. I don’t think it’s cheap enough to just hold onto them at this price.