|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott is offering up to a 40% bonus on purchases of 2,000 or more points until November 8th. That means you can buy points for 0.89 cents per point. That’s just above our Reasonable Redemption Value for Marriott Rewards, but could be very valuable for topping off for a valuable redemption. Sometimes, people are targeted for an even higher bonus.
Note that Marriott does these points sales fairly often and this is on the lower end of recent bonuses. Don’t feel any need to jump on this unless you need the points within the next couple of months.
- Marriott is offering up to a 40% discount on purchases of 2,000 or more points through November 8, 2023:
- Buy 40,000-150,000 points, receive a 40% bonus
- Must log-in to see discount
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link)
- Transactions must be completed between 12:00 a.m. ET November 1, 2023, and 11:59 p.m. ET November 8, 2023, to be eligible for the bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- The bonus Points earned with this promotion through the Buy Points or Gift Points pages are not included in the annual purchase limit of 150,000 Points.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points and Gift Points pages.
- Stay for 5, Pay for 4 - Use points to book 5 nights in order to get one night free. Unlike some hotel programs that require that you have status (Hilton) or their credit card (IHG) to take advantage of a similar benefit, Marriott's 5th night free benefit is available for all members.
- Cherry-pick good value awards. While we usually see an average value of about 0.8 cents per Marriott point, it's fairly easy to find award stays where points are worth more than 1 cent each. If the total cost of the stay, in cents, is more than the number of points required, then it's a good value award. For example, if a hotel you're interested in costs $500.00 in cash or 40,000 points, you can compare the cash amount in cents (50,000 cents) to the 40,000 points. Since the required points are less, that means that you'll get better than 1 cent per point value. That's good!
Things to know
- When you book nights with points, you will not earn points for the stay unless Marriott is running a promotion that awards bonus points per night/stay which includes award nights.
- Most hotel taxes are not charged on award stays. Unfortunately, unlike Hilton, Hyatt, and Wyndham, Marriott does charge resort fees on award stays.
- Marriott Bonvoy points purchases are made via Points.com. You can click through from a shopping portal to earn a little cashback on the purchase, thereby reducing your net cost for the points - you can find the current rates here.
- Points.com purchases don't code as travel, so it's best to pay with a card that earns at a higher rate for everyday spend or on a card where you're working on a minimum spend requirement.
Past Marriott Points Sales
- 35% bonus (Buy points for 0.93c each) from August 10th, 2023 to September 8th, 2023
- 50% bonus (Buy points for 0.83c each) from May 4th, 2023 to July 2nd, 2023
- 40% bonus (Buy points for 0.85c each) from February 16, 2023 to April 13, 2023
- 25% bonus (Buy points for 0.93c each) from November 2, 2022 to December 20, 2022
- 50% bonus (Buy points for 0.83c each) from October 6, 2022 to October 13, 2022
- Up to 50% bonus (Buy points for 0.83 cents each). Valid through April 3, 2022
- 45% bonus (Buy points for 0.86 cents each). Valid through December 8, 2021
- 55% bonus (Buy points for 0.81 cents each). Valid through October 14, 2021
- 45% bonus (Buy points for 0.86 cents each). Valid through September 25, 2021
- 30% bonus (Buy points for 0.96 cents each). Valid through June 22, 2021