|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Choice Privileges has launched a new hotel promotion for stays through the end of the year. Somewhat unusually for Choice, it’s different to their common ‘Stay twice, earn at least 8,000 points’ promo.
- Stay 2 consecutive nights with Choice Hotels & earn 2,000 bonus points, or
- Stay 3 consecutive nights with Choice Hotels & earn 5,000 bonus points.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration required at https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/holiday-promotion before check-out.
- The promotion is only available to members of the Choice Privileges Rewards Program who register for this promotion, and then make a qualifying stay at participating hotels (WoodSpring SuitesTM hotels and Ascend Hotel Collection all-inclusive resorts, among others, are not participating) with arrival between November 23, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- A “stay” is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. A “qualifying stay” is a stay that is during this promotion at a participating hotel through a qualifying channel (see Qualifying Channel, below) that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points.
- Most stays are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points EXCEPT: rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount.
- Stays at Choice Hotels properties in the following countries are excluded from this promotion: Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia.
- You must maintain an address in the U.S. (includes U.S. territories), Canada, Mexico, participating countries in Central America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore to be eligible.
- Registered members with a qualifying stay of 2 nights will be awarded 2,000 bonus points. Registered members with a qualifying stay of a minimum of 3 nights or more will be awarded 5,000 bonus points. The maximum number of bonus points awarded per stay will not exceed 5,000 points.
- There is no limit on the number of qualifying stays in which members are eligible to earn bonus points during the promotion period.
- Bonus points require a minimum stay of consecutive nights at one hotel.
- Bonus points will not apply if guests check out early, which then results in a stay of less than the required nights.
- Offer is not applicable to groups and cannot be combined with any other discounts, special offers or promotions.
Earning 2,000 bonus points for 2 nights or 5,000 bonus points for 3+ nights isn’t a stellar return, but they’re still decent enough bonuses if you’d be staying at any eligible Choice properties by the end of the year anyway.
The bolded term towards the end is worth bearing in mind if you were thinking of booking two separate stays of one night as that wouldn’t trigger the 2,000 bonus points due to them not being consecutive nights. Similarly, staying two nights at one property and then one night at another property would only trigger the 2,000 bonus points rather than the 5,000 points as the three total nights wouldn’t be consecutive.
One of the good features of this promotion is that there’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn. If you have multiple stays of 2+ or 3+ consecutive nights before the New Year, you’ll earn bonus points on each of them.