IHG have sent out a targeted email to some of its members offering 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points when staying at a Kimpton.
- Receive 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points with your next Kimpton stay from now until April 30, 2018.
- Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. (n.b. Despite these terms, there’s no registration link in the email from IHG and members seem to have been pre-registered.)
- Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after your Qualifying Stay at any Kimpton hotel, which must be completed between 1 February 2018 and 30 April 2018.
- A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”).
- For purpose of this Offer under this Promotion a Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” which include most business and leisure rates. IHG® Rewards Club is responsible for fulfillment of the bonus points offer.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the bonus points to be posted into your account. The number of bonus points listed above will not count toward “Your Achievement Bonus offer”.
This offer appears to be targeted at IHG Rewards Club members that who’ve stayed at the Kimpton brand, or perhaps haven’t stayed there since IHG bought them. My wife and I both received this offer and we’ve not stayed at a Kimpton, whereas Greg didn’t receive it and he and his wife recently stayed at the Kimpton Muse Hotel in NYC.
The email from IHG states that this offer is part of Accelerate, although it’s not listed on my Accelerate dashboard. The nice thing is that staying at a Kimpton has the potential to complete three of my Accelerate challenges and contribute towards the other two.
The downside to this offer is that Kimptons are one of IHG’s more expensive brands, so a one night stay won’t (for the most part) come cheap. At the right rate though – and with 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points thrown in – there’s definitely the potential for value, especially seeing as 10,000 points is enough to earn you one or two free nights on the new-style PointBreaks list.