Dan’s Deals and Doctor of Credit are both reporting on a way to stack several deals to save $0.80 per gallon on up to 20 gallons of gas — that could be up to $16 in savings — at Shell Gas Stations. I’m not participating in this one because there aren’t any Shell stations near me, but this is a pretty easy deal that will enable most folks to save some money on a necessity.
- Buy this free Groupon or this free Living Social deal to save $0.25 per gallon when you sign up for Shell Fuel Rewards
- When the Groupon (or Living Social) shows up in your account, click it and set up a new Fuel Rewards account and you’ll be starting with $0.30 off per gallon straight out of the gate ($0.05 for signing up and $0.25 for the Groupon/Living Social). Remember the phone number you use to sign up for Fuel Rewards as you’ll need it at the pump later.
- Sign up for a free Stop & Shop (grocery store chain) loyalty program account here
- Follow the automatic prompt at the end of registration to link your Stop & Shop account with your Fuel Rewards account — this will add $0.25 more to your Fuel Rewards discount for a total of $0.55 off per gallon (be patient, this might take a few minutes to show up)
- Sign up for a free Giant (grocery store chain) loyalty program account here. You’ll need to use a different email/phone combo.
- You should now have $0.80 off per gallon in your Fuel Rewards network account. Now find a participating Shell station here.
- You will need to use these rewards by 11/30/17. Use your ALT ID at the pump to activate your savings (this is your phone number from step 2). If you can’t remember that, it’s here or you can find it in the Fuel Rewards app.
This is a simple way to save a few bucks — up to $16 on a fill-up. Thanks to Dan’s Deals and Doctor of Credit for putting this one together.