|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Fairmont Canada has an awesome offer going for those who can take advantage: Buy One night, Get One free through June 30, 2021. This promotion has been updated with a new list of properties that includes many here in the United States as well as in the Caribbean.
- Fairmont is offering a Buy One, Get One Free promotion called “Stay Close” whereby every second night is free when you book through this promo at select properties (quite a few are available)
- Direct link to this deal
- Buy one night and receive a complimentary second night during the same stay.
- Must book by March 15, 2021
- A 1 night prepaid fully-refundable deposit is required.
- This promotion is subject to availability and may not be combined with any other offers, promotions or packages.
- For stays through June 30, 2021.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- You may also use your complimentary night as a second room on the same night. Should you wish to do so, please book a two night stay and then you must call the hotel directly to amend the reservation. The reservation will be amended to have two rooms in the same room category for the price of one for one night.
- ALL Rewards points may not be redeemed to cover the cost of any charges associated with stays booked on this offer either at time of booking or during the stay. This includes, but is not limited to charges for room rate/restaurant/in-room dining/spa/golf.
- Members who book through this offer will receive the on-property benefits associated with their tier level at time of stay.
- Members will earn points at standard earn rates for room charges and all eligible spend that is charged to their room during the stay.
Obviously right now the border with Canada is closed to non-essential traffic, so you may not be able to take advantage of the Fairmont Canada properties (at least not in the very near future). That said, despite the fact that they are taking a prepaid deposit on these reservations, in most cases they are fully refundable (most cancellation deadlines are about a week in advance, but check the details for your chosen hotel and dates).
For those interested, keep in mind that you can not use ALL points to cover any associated charges — not the room rate, dining, etc.
When this promotion initially launched last year, I found stays in the winter and early spring months where you could get a couple of days at a very reasonable price for a Fairmont in a sought-after location:
Of course, I don’t know if or when the border with Canada will reopen. US properties may be more appealing and there are now quite a few on the list, including the Fairmont Grand del Mar, which Greg reviewed a couple of years ago, and the Fairmont Orchid in Hawaii among others.
I was actually pretty tempted by this deal thanks to the fact that I can redeem Capital One miles for a Fairmont gift card at a favorable rate, I’ve been interested in Banff, and using Turkish miles to fly between the US and Canada would cost 10K miles each way in economy or 15K each way in business class, so it’s a pretty cheap destination in terms of miles. Furthermore, I have a trip to Hawaii on the books right now — though at more than $400 per night with tax even after the BOGO, I’ll probably pass on the Fairmont Orchid if that trip even materializes.
At any rate, I’m sure this will interest some readers. This promo has been on for a bit, but they have expanded the number of available properties and given the flexible cancellations this is a pretty low-risk proposition for those interested.