|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Google Pay app is offering $10 cashback when you make a contactless payment at a small business with a Pixel phone between now and July 4, 2021.
- The Google Pay app is offering $10 cashback when you use a Pixel phone to make a contactless payment in-store with your NFC-enabled Android device
- Expires 7/4/21
- You must be opted into Google Pay rewards to be eligible and have a Google Pay balance virtual card
- Not valid at the top 200 retailers having more than 500 employees such as fast-food restaurant chains, gas stations, or large grocery stores
- You can earn a max of one reward with this offer
- Not valid for vending machines
- Once you receive the bonus, you must tap the gift box in Google Pay to reveal and claim your cashback. Unclaimed gift boxes are subject to expiry 45 days after receipt
- You can earn a max of $550 in Google Pay rewards per calendar year, including sweepstakes prizes. This cap does not apply to cashback earned on qualifying purchases for sponsored merchant offers
- See the offer in the Google Pay app for more details
This is a sweet little win for anyone with a Pixel phone. My wife and I both have Pixel phones as do 3 of our 4 parents, so we’ll collectively get $50 back on this deal with almost no effort (I take that back. We’re going to have to teach our parents how to use contactless payments. Hmmm….).
Keep in mind that you need to “claim” the $10 cashback within the app by clicking the gift box after it posts. As I bolded in the key terms, unclaimed cash back expires 45 days after you receive it, so don’t forget to claim it.
The challenge here could be finding a qualifying small business that has an NFC-enabled terminal, though that is probably less difficult to do now than it was pre-pandemic.