|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Dan’s Deals highlights a deal at Dell that makes for a great stack: get a 27″ Dell full high definition monitor and a $25 Dell promo gift card for a net three bucks or maybe less if you’re able to stack offers and credit card benefits. I added this to our list of non-Amazon Prime Day deals, but I thought it was worth a highlight of its own.
- Dell has its 27″ monitor model S2721HN plus a $25 promo gift card on sale for $129.99 (our affiliate link, but better to go through a shopping portal as shown below)
- Stack as seen below for huge savings to get this monitor for very low out of pocket cost
I can’t speak to the quality of the monitor in this deal, but I do own a nearly identical model that’s a couple of years old (for what it’s worth, I paid $75 for mine on clearance from Staples after a $25 off coupon and I was pretty happy about that deal). It doesn’t blow me away, but it works plenty well for my purposes (extra real estate when I’m working with multiple browsers / programs open at once. My main computer is a laptop, so this expands my workspace). I don’t game and only occasionally watch videos on it.
Still, after the stack here, one could hardly be very picky. Here’s how to stack it:
- Start at a shopping portal. For this example, I’ll use TopCashBack for 11% cash back (alternatively go through Rakuten for 10x Membership Rewards points). Earn $14.30 cash back on the $129.99 purchase price.
- Pay with a card synced with the Amex Offer for 10% back at Dell (up to $1500 back, enrollment required). Get $13 back.
- If you have it available, pay with the Amex Business Platinum to use the $100 Dell credit (available once from January to June and once from July to December). Get $100 back.
Your net cost would be:
- -$14.30 (TopCashBack)
- -$13.00 (Amex Offer)
- -$100.00 (Business Platinum credit)
- $2.69 (plus tax on the full price) for the monitor + $25 Dell promo gift card
You may be able to stack it further by signing up for the Dell email list to get a coupon good for 10% off (which drops the purchase price to $116.99). YMMV as to whether or not that will prevent the TopCashBack/Rakuten shopping portal from tracking.
Alternatively, if you don’t have the Business Platinum but you do have the personal Platinum card and have not yet used the June 2021 PayPal credit, you could check out via PayPal to get $30 back and pay a net cost of around $72.69 plus tax, which is still a terrific deal with the $25 promo gift card included.
Speaking of that promo gift card, be sure to keep an eye on the terms and on your email for it to be delivered. I don’t immediately see the terms on it, but I know on past deals it has been emailed a few weeks after purchase and then been valid for 60 or 90 days from issuance, so be sure to make use of it during its period of validity.
Overall, this is a great deal if you have the credit available and want an extra 27″ monitor.