There are two new, but intertwined, Amex Offers out for Marriott Bonvoy. The first gives a $60 statement credit for a spend of $300+ on most “non-luxury” Bonvoy properties. The second offers a $100 statement credit off of $500+ spend on most of the properties that the first offer excludes, while leaving out the mainline properties included in the first offer.
Both offers are only valid in the US, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico even though the $100/$500 offer is supposedly meant for “International Luxury Brands.”
Very tricky, Bonvoy, very tricky
- A new targeted Amex Offer is out to get $60 back when you spend $300 or more in one purchase at Marriott Bonvoy hotels by 12/18/2022. There may be a $250 version of this as well. (enrollment required)
- Another targeted Amex Offer is out to get $100 back when you spend $500 or more in one purchase at Marriott “International Luxury” hotels by 12/31/2022. Includes Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels and JW Marriott. (enrollment required)
Key Terms and Conditions
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
- Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
For $60 off of $300 offer:
- Excludes The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International®, and Vistana™.
For $100 off of $500 offer:
- Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at the following Marriott Bonvoy® participating hotels in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels® & JW Marriott®.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands: Marriott Hotels®, Sheraton® Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club®, Delta Hotels by Marriott®, Le Méridien® Hotels & Resorts, Westin® Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Design Hotels™, Renaissance® Hotels, Tribute Portfolio®, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard by Marriott®, Four Points® by Sheraton, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Fairfield by Marriott®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft® Hotels, Moxy® Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® by Marriott, Element by Westin®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International®, and Vistana™. Excludes gift card purchases.
These interlacing offers can be tricky…make sure that you use the correct card with the offer that corresponds to the brand you’re booking at.
It’s important to note that this offer is valid only at properties in the US and US territories, along with Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. It also excludes Marriott Homes and Villas. The Protea exclusion is redundant since those are outside the US anyway.
I find the $100/$500 offer a bit disingenuous in that they specifically name it as being usable towards “international luxury brands,” but then exclude most international properties in the t&c. Those exclusions are common for Amex, but using the term “international” makes it confusing (and indeed, I’ve already seen some confusion surrounding it).
Historically, these Marriott Amex offers have been triggered by a gift card purchase at the front desk even though the terms exclude gift cards purchases. It has always been a crap shoot as to whether properties sell gift cards at all…and if they do, whether or not they’ll actually have them in stock (and then whether or not they know how to load them). It’s probably worth calling to see if a location has them before you make a trip to the hotel. If you can find one, this can be an easy way of effectively using these offers towards international and/or excluded properties (by buying GC and then using the GC to pay for the hotels).
As always, we have added this to our Current Amex Offers database.