|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new and targeted Amex Offer out today that’s giving 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when spending $1,000 or more with Air France and KLM. There is also a second version that offers a $200 statement credit instead of the membership rewards.
That should stack nicely with the latest batch of Flying Blue Promo Rewards that came out last week if the taxes and fees are high enough.
- Spend $1,000 with Air France or KLM and get 20,000 Membership Rewards with an Amex Offer.
- There is an alternate version where you spend $1,000 with Air France or KLM and get a $200 statement credit.
- Expires December 1, 2022.
- Offer valid only on flights booked through US websites www.klm.us and www.airfrance.us and via merchant US mobile app only.
- Flight must originate in US and be charged in USD to qualify.
- Not valid for purchases made through partner sites, agents, affiliates and third parties.
- Excludes KLM Package Deals, City Pass Amsterdam, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, tours, airport transfers, equipment services, Shop@KLM, purchases of miles, and lounge access fees.
- Excludes Air France Music, Air France Saphir, Air France Shopping, convention/conference/seminar services, baggage drop off, group reservations, La Boutique Air France, parking, Stress Free Flying workshop, flight crew training, Flying Blue Store, KLM Jet Center, KLM Wanna Gives.
- Excludes bookings made via a travel agent.
Taxes and fees on Air France and KLM award flights can sometimes be a little off-putting, so an Amex Offer like this can help mitigate some of those costs if they’re high enough to hit the $1,000 spending threshold to trigger the bonus points.
This offer could be perfectly timed too as there’s a new set of Flying Blue Promo Rewards out today that are eligible for numerous cities in the U.S. Note that the terms of the Amex Offer state that travel has to originate from the U.S. That means booking a round trip that begins in the U.S. should work, but booking a one-way award flight originating outside of the U.S. likely won’t work to earn the 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.
Needless to say, this offer will also work for regular paid flights with KLM and Air France, not just award flights. If possible, load the offer to an Amex Platinum card so that you earn 5x Membership Rewards on the purchase in addition to the 20,000 bonus points.