|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Southwest Airlines has sent an email today to A-list members with an incredibly easy path to re-qualify for elite status: fly just two round trips (or four one-ways) between August 19 – November 19, 2021 and keep A-list status through December 31, 2022. Better yet, both award travel and previously-booked travel count, so it should be very easy for most A-list members to re-qualify if they plan to fly just a couple times over the next 3 months. Terms indicate that this offer may be targeted, but we’ve received a few reports via email and our Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group from folks who have status and have received the email.
- Southwest is sending an email to at least some A-list and A-list Preferred members with an easy offer to re-qualify for status: take two round trip flights (or four one-ways) between 8/19/21 and 11/19/21 and maintain status through December 31, 2021
- Only the Rapid Rewards® Member ([Name], Rapid Rewards #XXXXX) who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion.
- No registration is required.
- Offer is valid for domestic and international travel.
- To extend Member existing A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status through December 31, 2022, Member must fly two qualifying round trips (or four one-way) revenue or award flights between August 19, 2021 and November 19, 2021.
- This offer applies to all flights taken during the Promotional Period, regardless of when they were booked.
- A qualifying round trip flight for this promotion is a round trip revenue or award flight on Southwest® from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.
- A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue or award flight on Southwest from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest.
- Companion Pass®, charter flights, reward and group travel, and Southwest Vacations® packages do not qualify as one-way or round trip revenue or award flights for this promotion.
- Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a one-way or round trip revenue or award flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion.
- A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks. Log in to your account at Southwest.com to verify your tier status after requirements are met.
- Your Rapid Rewards number must be included in your revenue and award flight reservation for your travel to count.
- Award travel will only be earned by the person whose name appears in the Rapid Rewards account and who actually travels, regardless of who purchased or paid for the ticket.
- This promotion is not combinable with other promotion codes or special offers.
- See your email for full terms
This is awesome for those members who had A-list status already and would make for a nice stack with the ability to pick up 25,000 points for referring your company. The terms do say that you can’t combine with any other offer, but I’d bet that would probably work.
It is really nice to see that previously booked travel still counts. Often Southwest promotions require new bookings, whereas this promotion includes previously-booked travel and also award travel. With decreasing prices (I just rebooked another flight for less yet again a few minutes ago), it should be pretty easy to find a cheap way to requalify for those who are comfortable traveling during the promotional period. On that note, it is great that this promo doesn’t require registration and Southwest flights are easily cancelable / changeable if the situation changes before you travel.
If you have A-list or A-list preferred status, keep your eye on your email. While the fine print indicates that it is targeted, I would be surprised if this doesn’t go out to all A-list/A-list preferred members (except maybe those whose status comes from a recent status match).