|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: When this Southwest offer went on sale this morning, there seemed to be a limited number of routes and dates that it was valid for. It seems like more routes and/or dates have been added since then, so if the HOLIDAY25 promo code wasn’t working earlier for searches you’d done, give it another try in case you have more luck now.
Southwest is running a new sale which is giving a 25% discount when booking flights during over Christmas and New Year and works on both paid and award flights.
- Save 25% off base fares with Southwest when using promo code HOLIDAY25.
- Direct link to offer.
- 25 percent promotion code savings valid for one-way or round trip Wanna Get Away, Wanna Get Away Plus, Anytime, and Business Select fares booked on Southwest.com from December 6 – December 7, 2022 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Booking Period”) and flown on December 24, 2022, December 25, 2022, December 31, 2022, or January 1, 2023 (“Travel Period”).
- Travel valid Promotion code savings are applied before government taxes and fees.
- Enter promotion code HOLIDAY25 in the Promo Code box when booking during the Booking Period.
- Offer is valid only for select continental U.S. flights.
- Seats and days are limited.
- If you have entered the promotion code HOLIDAY25 in the Promo Code box on Southwest.com or swabiz.com during the Booking Period, then while selecting your flights, savings in the base fare will be visible as a strike-through of the original fare on eligible flights.
- Discount availability may vary by destination, flight, and day of week, and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Please note that the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires advertised fares to include all government taxes and fees, however this promotion code savings applies to the base fare only.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only.
- Discount will apply only for select flights booked within the Booking Period while supplies last for travel flown within the Travel Period.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion and will result in forfeiture of any promotion code savings.
- The discount is only valid with the provided promotion code and is not combinable with other promotion codes or fares.
- All reward travel is subject to taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges of at least $5.60 per one-way trip.
- Applicable taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges can vary significantly based on your arrival and departure destination.
- The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges is the responsibility of the Passenger and must be paid at the time reward travel is booked with a credit card, flight credit, Southwest gift card, or Southwest LUV Vouchers.
- Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
- Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
The nice thing about these types of Southwest sales is that because award redemption rates are tied to the cash cost, using a promo code to reduce the cash cost also works to save you points when booking with Rapid Rewards.
Note that there are a number of restrictions regarding dates when using promo code HOLIDAY25. You have to book by Wednesday December 7 and it’s only valid for flights on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1. That could be useful though seeing as many promotions exclude holiday travel dates whereas this sale is particularly focusing on those dates.
Also note that not all routes and dates will have the 25% discount applied. For example, you can get 25% with code HOLIDAY25 when booking flights from BWI to ISP on December 24, but not on December 25. On December 24, only two of the three flights that day are discounted too.
Switching from paid to points shows the 25% discount being applied to award pricing too.
The cheapest pricing will get booked quickly, so it’d be best to book ASAP even though you have until tomorrow (December 7) to take advantage of this sale.