|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
IHG Rewards has opened registration for their next promotion which has the potential to be nicely rewarding if you’re planning on booking paid stays with IHG for the ~7 week period starting on April 1. The terms suggest this is a targeted promotion, but it’s worth trying to register even if you haven’t received an email about it yet.
- Earn the following bonus points when staying at IHG properties:
- 2 nights – 4,000 total points
- 4 nights – 7,000 total points
- 6 nights – 10,000 total points
- 10 nights – 20,000 total points
- 20 nights – 50,000 total points
- Direct link to registration.
- For the “Step Up to Rewards” offer (“Offer”), you must be an IHG Rewards member and must be invited to participate in the Offer.
- After receiving an invitation, you must register your member number in advance in order to be eligible for the Offer.
- After registering, you can earn IHG Rewards bonus points each time you reach the specified number of qualifying nights during the Offer Period, as follows: 4,000 bonus points will be awarded to your IHG Rewards account after completing two qualifying nights; 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of four qualifying nights; another 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded after you have totaled six qualifying nights; then 10,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing ten qualifying nights; and 30,000 more bonus points will be awarded once you have completed a total of twenty qualifying nights during the Offer Period.
- For example, if you have stays that result in a total of six (6) qualifying nights during the Offer Period, you would earn 4,000 bonus points for the first two qualifying nights, another 3,000 bonus points after reaching four qualifying nights, and then 3,000 more bonus points after achieving six qualifying nights, for a total of 10,000 bonus points.
- For purposes of this Offer, the qualifying nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays at participating IHG Hotels & Resorts, Mr and Mrs Smith properties, or participating Six Senses properties (as identified on each hotel’s booking page), and each qualifying night must be completed during the “Offer Period,” which is from April 1, 2022, through May 17, 2022.
- A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible.
- If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to claim the night for purposes of this Offer.
- No retroactive credit will be given for nights prior to registration.
- The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to your account.
- The Offer can only be redeemed once per member during the Offer Period, and a maximum of 50,000 IHG Rewards bonus points can be achieved.
- The bonus points awarded through this Offer are not Elite status qualifying.
- IHG reserves the right to recoup any points incorrectly awarded.
- This Offer is subject to the standard IHG Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained here.
- IHG expressly reserves the right to remove a member’s points, downgrade their status, or cancel their account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected, and any fraudulent activity relating to a member’s account, this Offer, or restricted rate offerings is subject to the IHG Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, including any of the identified actions that may be taken in response to such fraud activity. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG Rewards reserves the right of final interpretation of the Offer, as well as the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Offer at any time with or without notice.
- This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only.
- Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the Offer Period.
- Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG offers to the extent they qualify for such other offers.
As noted in the Key Terms, the bonus points on offer from this promotion are the total number you can earn rather than being cumulative at each tier. For example, staying six nights will earn you 10,000 total points, rather than 4,000 for the first two nights, 7,000 for the next two nights and 10,000 for the next two nights.
Even so, the ability to earn up to 50,000 bonus points when staying 20 nights represents a decent reward when booking paid stays (award stays don’t count for this promotion).
What’s a little bit of a shame is the relatively short promo period. With it running from April 1 to May 17, you only have 47 days to earn bonus points. To max out the earning potential for this offer, you’d therefore need to stay in IHG properties for almost half that time in order to earn 50,000 bonus points.
Still, even at the lower earning thresholds this promotion can be better than some of IHG’s other types of promos. For example, earning 10,000 bonus points when staying six nights means you’re earning an average of 1,667 bonus points per night. If they were instead offering double points on paid stays, your nightly rate would need to be $166.70 at most IHG brands in order to earn an equivalent number of bonus points.
The terms suggest that this is a targeted promotion. My wife and I both received an email and so we were both able to register, but we’re sadly not going to have any paid IHG stays from April 1 to May 17. It’s worth trying to register anyway even if you don’t get an email about this just in case.