|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The United and American Airlines shopping portals are both offering 500 bonus miles when clicking through from them and making purchases, but the spending thresholds are different.
- Earn 500 bonus miles when shopping through the following shopping portals:
- United Airlines – expires April 21, 2021.
- American Airlines – expires April 17, 2021.
- Other terms (these are for United but terms for American’s deal are similar other than the spending threshold, dates & the fact that American’s portal doesn’t have an in-store element):
- During the “Mystery Bonus” offer, which runs from 4/12/21 through 4/21/21 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of 500 MileagePlus bonus award miles on qualifying purchases made through the MileagePlus Shopping mall or from purchases made through MileagePlus Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Earn 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $65 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the MileagePlus Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 6-8 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus award miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account.
United’s offer is clearly the best in terms of how much you have to spend to earn 500 bonus miles seeing as you can earn their bonus when spending only $65, while with American’s portal you have to spend $125.
United’s portal also has the benefit of having card-linked offers available which American’s portal doesn’t, so the United bonus can be earned from in-store purchases as well as online.
If you know that you can easily earn both bonuses due to upcoming spend, it might be best to earn American’s bonus first as that one expires on April 17 whereas you have until April 21 to earn United’s.
As always though, be sure to compare shopping portal rates on Cashback Monitor to ensure you’re getting the best return even when accounting for the 500 bonus miles from United and/or American Airlines.