|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
New Citi Offers and a SimplyMiles offer for Viator reappeared recently which means it should be possible to get a triple stack when booking activities that can make for a very good return.
- Spend $150 at Viator & get $10 or $20 back with a Citi Offer
- Spend $150 at Viator & get 465 miles & Loyalty Points from SimplyMiles
- Expires June 30, 2023.
- Valid for one-time purchases over $150 including taxes and after any discount has been applied on viator.com.
- Reward only eligible when using the card associated with this account.
- Offer can only be redeemed once.
- The offer only applies to spend settled in United States Dollars (USD) on the Card.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another loyalty offering.
- Offer not valid when paying with PayPal.
There are at least two versions of the Viator Citi Offer. A couple of my Citi cards have an offer giving $10 back when spending $150, while another card has an offer giving $20 back.
SimplyMiles offers are targeted too. My account has the offer mentioned above which gives 465 bonus AAdvantage miles and 465 Loyalty Points when spending $150, whereas my wife’s SimplyMiles account wasn’t targeted.
Something worth noting is that the terms for both the Citi Offers and SimplyMiles offer state that the “Offer cannot be used in conjunction with another loyalty offering.” That makes it sound like you can only earn with one or the other, but I’m not convinced that they’re going to pull a Motley Fool and try to enforce that. It’s up to you if you want to risk that though.
The third element of the triple stack is shopping portal cashback/rewards. Rakuten recently offered 15x on Viator bookings, but that’s since dropped to a still-generous 9x. At the time of publishing this post, the American Airlines shopping portal is also offering 9x which might be preferable for some seeing as it means you’ll also earn 9x Loyalty Points on the purchase. You can compare the various shopping portal options here; due to the way different portals list Viator, there are four different comparison pages on Cashback Monitor for the US-based Viator site.
Update: Nick has a targeted offer for 30% cashback from Capital One Shopping for Viator bookings. If you’re planning on booking activities but don’t need to do that immediately, browse Viator while having the Capital One Shopping browser extension installed and you’ll hopefully get a similar offer within a couple of days.