|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Walmart Amex Offer out today that can save you up to $20 when shopping in-store or online.
- Spend $40 at Walmart in a single purchase & get $10 back with a targeted Amex Offer.
- Expires January 12, 2023.
- Offer valid in-store, online at US website Walmart.com or via the Walmart mobile app.
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US.
- Excludes purchases from third party or affiliate websites linked with/from walmart.com or grocery.walmart.com (such as, but not limited to, Walmart Contacts, Walmart Checks, Walmart Photo Services, Walmart Stationary, and Walmart Moneygram).
- Excludes bulk gift cards & e-gift cards, in-store purchases, layaway purchases, insurance services, auto services, pharmacy transactions, protection plans, and recurring subscription services (for example, Walmart+ memberships, Beauty Box and Baby Box).
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $20 back) per Card Member.
This appears to be a highly targeted offer. My wife and I each had it, but it only showed up on our personal Platinum cards. It’s worth checking all your cards though as you might have it on other types of cards.
This is an easy offer to take advantage of seeing as it’s valid both online and in-store. Note that you can use this offer twice for a total of $20 in statement credits. Also note that the $40 spend requirement has to be met in a single transaction rather than cumulative transactions. What I’m not sure about is if you could spend $80+ in one transaction to get $20 back, or if you have to make two separate purchases of $40+.
If you don’t ever go shopping at Walmart, it’s still simple to use this offer by buying two gift cards of $40+. Walmart sells a wide range of third party gift cards as well as Visa, Mastercard and Amex gift cards, so buying those is a simple way to lock in the 25% discount.
P2 and I got in on two cards. Thanks for the $40, Stephen!
A rock on all my AMEX cards.
Please explain how this offer will ever pay out for an in-store transaction, here are key terms you included in the blog post:
Excludes bulk gift cards & e-gift cards, in-store purchases, layaway purchases, insurance services, auto services, pharmacy transactions, protection plans, and recurring subscription services (for example, Walmart+ memberships, Beauty Box and Baby Box).
He made a mistake. The fine print includes in-store. Anything physical, including gift cards will trigger.
No, as Robert rightly pointed out, there are contradictory terms:
and a bit further down…
I hope in-store gift card purchases will trigger it, but given this is Amex we’re talking about, I certainly won’t be playing the guinea pig to find out.
You are right. If not clarified, I’ll order WM physical gc online.
As Kent mentioned, there seem to be contradictory terms. Although there is that exclusion for in-store purchases, elsewhere the offer states ‘Make a single purchase of $40 in-store Walmart or online at Walmart.com’ and ‘Offer valid in-store’.
The last Walmart Amex Offer was valid at Walmart.com only, so I suspect they copied and pasted the terms from that offer and forgot to include the exclusion for in-store purchases.
It would be nice if the Platinum actually credited for the Walmart+ benefit. Had an issue a few months ago and had to cancel it and signed up again a couple weeks ago and haven’t received the refund for it yet.
One bit of warning, you cannot use Walmart gift cards with Walmart Scan and Pay. SaP is the main reason why I even consider going into Walmart – it gets me out faster and I just flash the receipt checker the e-receipt on my phone.