|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Target’s annual gift card promotion offering 10% off on Target gift cards is happening today (12/3/22) and tomorrow (12/4/22). You can save 10% on up to $500 in Target give cards both online and in-store. These can obviously be worthwhile both for personal use and potentially for reselling, through I urge caution if you’re tempted to try to exceed the limit.
- Target is offering 10% off on Target gift cards both online and in-store on 12/3 and 12/4/22 only
- Direct link to this deal
- Limit one coupon/offer per guest.
- Offer valid for one transaction up to $500 in Target GiftCards ($50 maximum discount) at Target or Target.com per Target Circle account.
- Transaction can include multiple Target GiftCards.
- Offer is redeemable only through Target Circle.
- No returns on Target GiftCards.
- Offer does not include Visa Gift Cards, Mastercard Gift Cards, American Express Gift Cards and gift cards issued by other retailers such as dining, lifestyle and entertaining gift cards.
- Offer excludes reloads of previously purchased Target GiftCards, Target GiftCards given in exchange for electronic or prepaid trade-ins, Target GiftCards provided for merchandise returns, Merchandise Return Cards and Target GiftCards provided as free promotional card with qualifying purchase.
- Quantities limited; no rainchecks.
- Purchases of Target GiftCards that exceed certain transaction limits may be voided.
- If the GiftCard transaction exceeds $500, the $50 maximum discount may be proportionately allocated across all GiftCards in the transaction.
- Terms and conditions apply to gift cards.
- No other same department/category coupon will apply.
- Percent off coupon will apply to all qualifying items in transaction.
- Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. No cash value.
Target runs this deal every year and regular Target shoppers always get excited about the chance to save up to $50. You can load Target gift cards to your Target wallet and use them on your phone to pay in-store, which means they are very easy to use over time. A lot of people will find this worthwhile for personal use, particularly those who shop regularly and Target and/or are trying to, ahem, hit the target in terms of minimum spend for a new credit card welcome offer.
If you don’t shop at Target regularly, this could still be useful for resale depending on your resale avenues and relationships. I wouldn’t expect to turn much of a profit, but for many the chance to break even on a decent chunk of spend is appealing.
Note that you’ll need to load the coupon to Target circle. I wouldn’t recommend trying to game this and exceed the per-customer limit. A few years ago, there were reports from people whose gift cards were zeroed out days after the promotion, which would be a huge headache.
Whether you buy in-store or online probably won’t matter much since there aren’t typically category bonuses for Target. The one exception might be that those with the U.S.Bank Altitude Reserve since that card earns 3x on in-person mobile wallet payments. If you used that card in-store with something like Google Pay or Apple Pay, you would earn 3x, which is worth 4.5% back towards travel. Beyond those two cards, the options that might trigger some sort of bonus category are pretty limited. Your best “everywhere else” card is probably your best bet.