|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
An Amex Offer is out once again for Marriott Homes & Villas that could score you $200 back on a vacation rental stay. Keep in mind that these rentals earn elite nights and Marriott Bonvoy points — potentially quite a lot of points if you stack offers.
- A new Amex Offer is out for $200 back when you spend $1,000 or more in one or more transactions with Homes & Villas by Marriott International at homesandvillasbymarriott.com. Enrollment required.
- Expires 4/30/22
- Enrollment required
- Valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties
- Excludes all other Marriott brands
- Not valid on gift cards
Keep in mind that you can still earn 5x base points and your regular elite bonus on that even on the $1,000 required spend to trigger this Amex Offer. If you sync this offer to a Marriott card, that $1,000 stay would cost a net $800 and earn the following:
- 5,000 base points
- 2,500 bonus points if you have Platinum status
- 6,000 points by spending $1K at Marriott with your Marriott card
That certainly isn’t mattress run worthy, but considering your net $800 cost after Amex Offer, it makes for a decent return. Keep in mind also that you could start out clicking through a shopping portal and earn another 3% back based on today’s rates.
Overall, this is a nice little Amex Offer for those already considering a vacation rental. I browsed rentals a couple of months ago for a trip I was planning and while some Marriott properties appeared to be unreasonably priced, others were somewhat competitive. Just be sure to shop around because the same property is sometimes also listed on Airbnb and/or Vrbo and prices may vary.