Swagbucks is advertising a deal to donate $15 to Sierra Club and get 6,000 Swagbucks (worth $60 or possibly a little more depending on how you redeem them). That’s a half-truth: to get this deal, I think you’ll really need to donate at least $30, but it looks like you’ll actually earn 6,500 Swagbucks and thus still come out ahead or perhaps get the chance to donate more than you otherwise would have thanks to the rebate.
- Swagbucks is offering 6,000 Swagbucks when you sign up for a monthly Sierra Club donation of $15 or more. Earn 500 Swagbucks for each monthly donation thereafter up to 7,500 total Swagbucks.
- Direct link to this deal
- You will earn 6,000 SB for your initial donation and 500 SB for each subsequent monthly donation.
- Up to 7,500 SB total.
- SB will not Pend.
- Please allow up to 90 days after donating to Sierra Club for SB to be credited to your account.
- You must use the same email address associated with your Swagbucks account to earn SB.
- Only valid donations will be credited.
- Must donate $15 to earn SB.
- Donations under $15 are not eligible for SB.
- Must remain a member for 35 days to receive SB.
- Must use valid contact and payment information to earn SB.
- SB will be revoked for cancelled or invalid donations.
- This offer may only be redeemed once (1) per user.
- If you are not credited within 90 days of offer completion, you have 14 days to contact the Swagbucks Help Center for further investigation. Help Center tickets submitted after the 14 day grace period are not eligible for further investigation and SB.
I don’t know who foots the bill in terms of providing the Swagbucks for this deal, but that certainly may be something to consider if it’s the organization paying out in the hopes of getting more donations. I’m not sure how that works.
To earn the 6,000 Swagbucks (~$60), you’ll need to sign up for $15 monthly donations. The Swagbucks terms indicate that you must remain a member for 35 days, so I take that to mean that you’ll probably need to donate twice for a total of $30 in order to get the 6,000 Swagbucks. You should then end up with an additional 500 Swagbucks for the second donation for a total of about $65 back. The terms indicate that donations of less than $15 don’t count, so I don’t think you could set it to donate $7.50 per month to satisfy this deal. It might be possible to sign up for the $15 monthly donation and then reach out to the Sierra Club to reduce your ongoing donation amount (I have no idea whether or not this can be done). I’m assuming a minimum of two $15 donations and this is still a $35 money-maker for those who cancel (or for those who want to support the organization it could be viewed as 5 months of rebated donations after you’ve earned the full 7500 Swagbucks).
That is a relatively small win, but it is one that doesn’t require many hoops apart from needing to cancel the Sierra Club membership via email if you are so inclined. I believe the email address to do so is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may need your receipt number based on comments I’ve read on past deals, so I recommend keeping a screen shot.